Opinel No. 2 - Have you got one?

• Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
I'm just browsing for another opinel no.8 as my previous one has gone awol. I don't know what it is about opinels. I don't misplace any other knives, but I've have three of these so far.

Anyway, I didn't realise they made such a tiny version as the no.2. Is it actually of any use, or is it just really a novelty toy?

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I would say novelty might be ok in a jeans watch pocket but on keys you run the risk of it opening in your pocket

smallest I'd go is a no 5 and tht would have to sit in slip pouch if it was going to ride in my pocket

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
I keep a no.3 on my set of keys. Wouldn't want any smaller. It's not much use for anything but the most basic of tasks, opening parcels etc, but it is a great size, and is sharp as hell! Never worried about it opening, it is very secure when folded (mine is at least)

No, but i'd love to try one! I've a No. 6 that I carry in my shirt pocket, two No. 9s (a Bricolage and a Carbone), and two No. 8s ( a Carbone and an Outdoors Inox). My wife, forever the Vic Classic user, was impressed by the 8, so I was thinking about picking up a 2 to slip in her bag.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I've got one! A friend gave it to me as a gift.havent found a use for it in the out doors really its defo a novelty i keep it in my travel/ wash bag comes in handy for cutting loose threads n opening packets etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmagee

Forager
Aug 20, 2014
Cumbria
I've a no. 2 on my car keys. Nice and small but still often useful. I'm a teacher so don't fancy trying to explain to people why I'm carrying a no. 8.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.