Only myself to blame but....

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
So here's me busy in the garden doing some groundwork before i go off to camp this weekend, as i was doing groundwork i thought to save myself some time in camp prep I'd ask SWMBO if she could bung my sleeping bag through the wash which she's done BUT have a guess what she's done.......not read the care label and used fabric softener on the damn thing, now the bloody thing looks like it's covered in certain white stains *bangs head on desk repeatedly*, anything i can do to get the annoying residue off, currently have it air drying in the back garden

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
will give it a go but i'm not holding much hope, it was a tight fit in the machine i'm told

That's probably why you got the stains in the first place, because the water couldn't circulate properly.

Might be better to take it down your local laundrette and use one of their bigger machines or pay to have it professionally cleaned

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Might be better to take it down your local laundrette and use one of their bigger machines or pay to have it professionally cleaned

And just imagine the look on the face of the lady behind the counter as you try and explain those stains. :lmao:

skeptical-girl-200x300.jpg

Maybe she has a set of tongs to handle it with too.

Sorry mate, I feel your pain though. Hope it gets sorted.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Is it down or synthetic? If it's a tight fit in the washer try sticking it in the bath and giving a few good rinses

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
And just imagine the look on the face of the lady behind the counter as you try and explain those stains. :lmao:

skeptical-girl-200x300.jpg

Maybe she has a set of tongs to handle it with too.

Sorry mate, I feel your pain though. Hope it gets sorted.

:rofl:... very true but maybe if Lister's wife is sufficiently embarrassed she might take it down to the launderette and get it sorted out in way of recompense ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE