one of a kind catapult. none like it anywhere (THE LONE STAR)

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
Hi guys I finished making this about an hour ago its completely made from a solid brass and rosewood companion set
I call it the lone star!!
really beautiful and so unusual all brass construction and rosewood handle
the asking price is £40 which includes paypal fees and uk postage.
or I would swap it for one of these items.
gransfors bruks wildlife hatchet.
enzo trapper
brass tinder box with mag glass in lid or similar type must be mint
brass uco candle lantern must be mint condition
bear grylls compact parang
offers along these lines.
this really is something so unusual and would look amazing in any catty collection
or hung in the man shed
p.s. its fitted with single theraband gold bands.
photos very shortly
cheers guys

Last edited:

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
please excuse the shot quality guys its done with a poor camera phone
the photos don't do it justice
under the bands are groved round nuts just like the one wich fixed the handle to the fork and the whole thin is held by a threaded steel bar even with the bands off this looks amazing

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
forgot to add that the star on the foot can be changed for taking out hunting ive got a spare ball nut which will come with the catty.

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Butt ugly, too. You got the cowboy in me fired with the title. Good luck with the sale, but I can't see that shifting anytime soon?

Run Silent-Run Deep

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
exactly yes but you gotto admit its unusual but its not a pair of fire tongs it was a companion set stripped down to bare bits to see if it was all solid brass which it is. I suppose its the same as making a knife from a leaf spring or a file. correct me if am wrong?
a pair / set of fire tongs ?

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
exactly yes but you gotto admit its unusual but its not a pair of fire tongs it was a companion set stripped down to bare bits to see if it was all solid brass which it is. I suppose its the same as making a knife from a leaf spring or a file. correct me if am wrong?

not wrong at all mate, i think it's a great idea.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
hiya mate hows the soapy holding out.?
funnily it did look weird but shoots amazing. ive put it over on ebay.. where I hope it don't go cos ive got to quite like it keep well mate
:)
Thats a shame, I thought it looked great. ( through my beer goggles lol)

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Soaps are great, sorry, meant to pm you my thanks but been on nights and clean forgot, sorry. (See what I did there) lol. Seriously though soaps are lovely, shaving soap is brill and SWMBO is over the moon with the smellies. If anyone want some shave soap and or nice smelly soap stuff, here's your man.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
its fine my friend just glad you like them. keep well.
Soaps are great, sorry, meant to pm you my thanks but been on nights and clean forgot, sorry. (See what I did there) lol. Seriously though soaps are lovely, shaving soap is brill and SWMBO is over the moon with the smellies. If anyone want some shave soap and or nice smelly soap stuff, here's your man.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE