damascus blade blank (stick tang) hunter blade and hand guard (bowie) with

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
Hi Guys ive not really got time for any projects due to family commitments so this beautiful piece of work has to go
blade length is 4 and half inches. blade width is 1 and a 1/4 inches at its widest blade thickness is about 4 and half mm the grind is flat. overall with tang its 8 inches long. the finger guard is. bowie type oval Damascus. with this blade I will include enough veg tanned leather to make a sheath for it.
all you need is handle material I recommend a nice stag with crown.
sharpen it up and you have a stunning knife.
this is available to persons 18 years of age and over.
the price for the whole kit is £50. which includes postage and paypal fees.
or I would trade it for.
francis barker m88 compass. must be in good condition
or
Hudson bay brass tinderbox with mag glass in the lid. must be dint free and in great condition.
or
cammenga 3h compass. must be recent and in good condition
or
Fairbairn sykes knife in good condition
or
wood jewel puukko must be mint.
or
fixed blade survival type knife. what have you got?
or
gerber bear grylls ultimate pro survival knife in first class condition
or
pantograph (german paratroopers folding knife). if you got one you will know what I mean.
or
hand powered ww2 torch must be working (dynamo torch) usually made by Philips.
or
crkt ag russel sting. must be mint.
or
Kershaw amphibian. in great condition.
or
enzo trapper knife or kit.
or
Japanese dagger.
should be enough to find a trade there. but am open to offers. no clothing boots or packs. guys.

photos up very soon cheers guys.

Last edited:

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
my mistake, there is some leather but its only enough to make a standard bowie style sheath so I have reduced the price from £50 to £40 msy help some make their first knife. hopefully.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
one final reduction. for today only. was £50 Reduced to £40 now £35 it really wont go any lower if it don't go today it will be back to £40 tomorrow.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
To all members firstly I am more interested in trading this blade than I am in selling it and I am very flexible towards my swaps list which is here.

francis barker m88 compass. must be in good condition
or
Hudson bay brass tinderbox with mag glass in the lid. must be dint free and in great condition.
or
cammenga 3h compass. must be recent and in good condition
or
Fairbairn sykes knife in good condition
or
wood jewel puukko must be mint.
or
fixed blade survival type knife. what have you got?
or
gerber bear grylls ultimate pro survival knife in first class condition
or
pantograph (german paratroopers folding knife). if you got one you will know what I mean.
or
hand powered ww2 torch must be working (dynamo torch) usually made by Philips.
or
crkt ag russel sting. must be mint.
or
Kershaw amphibian. in great condition.
or
enzo trapper knife or kit.
or
Japanese dagger.
should be enough to find a trade there. but am open to offers. no clothing boots or packs. guys.

Hiya I got asked the same question last night. ive no idea about the steel I got the blade from an ex member on here about a year ago. and just put it in a drawer. ive been having a major clearout of bushy gear and searching through my toy boxes yesterday I came across it again. so just measured it and photographed it and put it straight up on here. ive no idea what steels are involved in making Damascus steel I don't know any more about it except that the photos don't do it justice. to appreciate it fully it has to be in your hand. the crossguard is a beautiful piece in itself had it been double edged it would be going anywhere as that's the blade style I am now collecting. sorry I cant be of more help
Hi Bear. Can you tell us anything about the steel? Where is it from?

Last edited:

oggydoggy202

Mar 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Hello, I have a Hudson Bay Tinder Tin with Mag glass in the middle. Tin has only been used once, has no dents and comes full of White Birch tinder cigars. Would you be interested in trading for the Damascus Blade.

Regards,

Mike

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
blade blank is gone to you pending trade completion
Hello, I have a Hudson Bay Tinder Tin with Mag glass in the middle. Tin has only been used once, has no dents and comes full of White Birch tinder cigars. Would you be interested in trading for the Damascus Blade.

Regards,

Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE