One nighter and tidy up

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi, a night with no kids! Weather forecast was not good, but we thought we would go and have a bit of a tidy up and spend the night under a large old piece of canvas we have.

Skate and Jane popped in for a brew and helped re erect the parachute, we then chose a suitable spot for the canvas, had a good old tidy up, lit a big fire, cooked a lovely beef casserole, then lowered the back of the tarp against the prevailing wind, a few beers and a good nights sleep, the weather got a bit wet and windy but we stayed dry and warm.

Up early, a brew and home, a lovely day and night..

Ivan... and Alison...

January camp 002.jpgJanuary camp 001.jpgJanuary camp 004.jpgJanuary camp 005.jpgJanuary camp 006.jpgJanuary camp 007.jpg

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Woodspirits, oh! how i wish it were, the owner very kindly lets me use it whenever i want.It is a lovely little wood, and being within a couple of miles of home, makes it ideal, i am very lucky to have a few other places with permission, but only for small numbers.

Still, i get my pension in March, and depending what the government have done , whilst they have been looking after it,may mean it might be.

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Cheers for the comments, it's taken me an age to be a member and get off my lazy bum and take some pics to share, silly really as i love looking at what everyone else gets up to, so prepared to be bored by more of my ramblings and boring photos.

Ivan...

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I love the chairs. The older I get the more I seem to want to not sit on the floor for to long especially when it has been wet or cold. I have made room in my larger day pack now for one of those mid sized three legged stools. It makes all the difference when supping a cup of tea and watching the world go by.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I love the chairs. The older I get the more I seem to want to not sit on the floor for to long especially when it has been wet or cold. I have made room in my larger day pack now for one of those mid sized three legged stools. It makes all the difference when supping a cup of tea and watching the world go by.

I nearly always take a chair if I'm not far from the car. People mock then inevitably you find the people who've mocked "keeping your seat warm" when ever your not around lol.

Thanks for the pics Ivan it'll be nice to see more pics with your future posts.

Orric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE