One Man's Meat.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Nice one TeeDee well put. Has anyone ever tried it?

Your diet prep and planning needs to be REALLY on point to make it work but when it works it seems to work well for either those requiring MAJOR weight loss ( think house bound individuals ) or those looking to get super lean as all subcutaneous fat is available to be used for Fuel.
You can enter Ketosis through a few different ways but to KNOW you are in a Ketogenic state you'll probably want to pee upon some Ketostix ( available from chemists to anyone but mostly used by diabetics ) which will then show just how much or how little sugar is in the urine.

Useful reading.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
As for Tripe , I used to have to experience this when a lad - boiled in Milk with an Onion and Bay leaf for " Flavour ".... still smelled and tasted from what I can remember of Silage.

However , after seeing this clip from Mr Ramsay I would be willing to try again as he seems to have converted a few Youngsters , and not just the older generations who ate the Tripe RAW with Vinegar.....

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
As for Tripe , I used to have to experience this when a lad - boiled in Milk with an Onion and Bay leaf for " Flavour ".... still smelled and tasted from what I can remember of Silage.

However , after seeing this clip from Mr Ramsay I would be willing to try again as he seems to have converted a few Youngsters , and not just the older generations who ate the Tripe RAW with Vinegar.....

We always had tripe fried when I was a kid. Nowadays I mostly see it in menudo (a Mexican tripe soup)

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I've eaten a lot of things but tripe is the one and, so far, only food I cannot bring myself to eat. I would get home from school and the whole house would stink because my grandmother had been cooking her tripe. Luckily I was never expected to eat it.

LoL!! I used to get a cane if I didn't clear my plate.

Tripe - swallow in one gulp.

Brussel Sprouts ( Cooked extra mushy ) - Dowse in Vinegar and again , Swallow Whole.

:)

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I've eaten a lot of things but tripe is the one and, so far, only food I cannot bring myself to eat. I would get home from school and the whole house would stink because my grandmother had been cooking her tripe. Luckily I was never expected to eat it.
I never had an issue psychologically with tripe. I just didn’t especially like the chewiness. Likewise with tongue or heart: they’re fair game in my mind but they a retired especially tasty or pleasant to eat.

On the other hand I do have a psychological block eating mountain oysters.

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I never had an issue psychologically with tripe. I just didn’t especially like the chewiness. Likewise with touché or heart: they’re fair game in my mind but they a retired especially tasty or pleasant to eat.

On the other hand I do have a psychological block eating mountain oysters.

touché ??

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Ah , yes Tongue !!! lot of ( cheap ) meat on a Tongue and can be enhanced flavour wise. Where are you based currently Santaman?
Crestview, Florida for the past 31 years. It’s in Okaloosa County in the western panhandle. I grew up in Soutern Mississippi then spent 5 years in Las Vegas (my first duty assignment after training) dollowed by 3 years in Austin, Texas (great BBQ and Mexican food in both those last two and great Southern food and Cajun food in Mississippi and Texas) Next I spent 4 years in the Cotswolds in England before coming here. Assorted short deployments (a few weeks to 7 months) to Canada, various European countries, and Saudi Arabia during the course of my Air Force career.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Crestview, Florida for the past 31 years. It’s in Okaloosa County in the western panhandle. I grew up in Soutern Mississippi then spent 5 years in Las Vegas (my first duty assignment after training) dollowed by 3 years in Austin, Texas (great BBQ and Mexican food in both those last two and great Southern food and Cajun food in Mississippi and Texas) Next I spent 4 years in the Cotswolds in England before coming here. Assorted short deployments (a few weeks to 7 months) to Canada, various European countries, and Saudi Arabia during the course of my Air Force career.

A nice range of cuisine styles then.

So "Chitterlings" - are they just seasoned and then deep fried? Interested in how they are prepped and served.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE