One for the zombie crew

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I'm a bit of a fan of the Nessie style of knife and recently had another made by FGYT.
The ones below are the XL and and Hybrid as shown in the below PDF.
1F3BCC6A-5185-4522-BCAB-F6D1EE5C628B-221-0000000EF1400403_zpsdc1377fd.jpg

the very bottom one in the PDF is going to be another commission as a zombie slayer.
http://dorsetwoodlandblades.co.uk/images_new/cust/NessyGladius.pdf

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Looking forward to seeing the Gladius ...quite like the idea of that in Kydex as a Zombie slayer :)

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Will be a little while yet. Need to source some G10 for the shiny one.
Then get it dressed in kydex.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Looks a beast, any strength issues with the handle ? If not I think this is a real useable tool. It's fashionable to have a smaller blade now days. That one with a choil (once a handle is put on) would get so much use if you were to spend a month or more in the wilderness. For a day or two small bushcraft knives are fine, but for an extended period big knives are essential

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have given it a paracord wrap just for now to try it out.
Because your able to move up to the choil it gives you a lot more control over the blade and even delicate tasks
are quite easy to do. Move your hand back and the weight forward blade comes into its own for chopping.
Its one of those knives you like or you don't, saying that you have to use it before making your mind up.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Do you know if fgyt has made any more of these ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Which one mate. The handled one is a production one where as the other a special, but you know Duncan, he will make owt. I'm hoping the Gladius in the PDF file will be a one maybe two of.

mikey.elefant

Forager
Dec 1, 2010
israel
It is an excellent design. What steel is that in ? and I hope you might allow the design to be used in the future. That is one I would love to put my hands on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
To keep costs realistic I think it will be the 52100 but suppose it could be done in stainless too.
If it's done in the 3.5mm it will act as a machette where as the 5mm+ will be more like a short sword weight.
It's not my design, it was Duncan who just modified the XL dimensions I just asked if it could be done.
It's just nice to have something unique and a little different.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Her name is Gladys ;)

and will happen even if Johnnyboy changes his mind :D (ive draw it its getting laser cut) he want one in 3.5-4mm ish I will do a second one for me in 5.3mm to play with

further ones if they happen will be different based on how these test

ATB

Duncan

Aww hell Duncan that's got me all excited.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE