One for the whisky drinkers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Anything added makes it a cocktail and they are for girls.

The End. :D

Better watch Wanderingblade, James Bond will get so as soon as he's finished his martini, and that may leave you shaken and a little stirred too.

There are "man" cocktails you know, a good whisky one is a "rusty nail"

TTFN
GB.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
if your planning on going blind quickly and wish to suffer a liver transplant then i can suggest a Jackhammer. 1 part jack daniels to one part Tequila
why on earth people actually LIKE this drink i'll not know but its quite popular.

Better watch Wanderingblade, James Bond will get so as soon as he's finished his martini, and that may leave you shaken and a little stirred too.

There are "man" cocktails you know, a good whisky one is a "rusty nail"

TTFN
GB.

If a 'Rusty Nail' cocktail is actually a glass of scotch with a rusty nail in it then yes, that would be acceptable.

As for Bond and his Martini - even if he did manage to get past the orange boilersuited guards and infiltrate my hollowed out volcano, I'd simply escape on my monorail. MWAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAA!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The words "man" and "cocktail" do not mix!
Real men drink straight whisky (occasionally "whiskey" if feeling like a foriegn drink) normally laphroiag (unless skint when it is whatever with the best offer on it in Tescos) or Real Ale - preferably Speckled Hen or 6X - or a good Vin de Pays Rouge. Port is allowed after a meal - but not with lemon!
At a push Rum is allowed - but beware the Golden Rivet!
OR
Home made Sloe Gin, Blackberry Vodka and their near relatives.
The only White wine they touch is Birch Sap vin de Maison!

Not that I am biased in any way form or manner! :D

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
The words "man" and "cocktail" do not mix!
Real men drink straight whisky (occasionally "whiskey" if feeling like a foriegn drink) normally laphroiag (unless skint when it is whatever with the best offer on it in Tescos) or Real Ale - preferably Speckled Hen or 6X - or a good Vin de Pays Rouge. Port is allowed after a meal - but not with lemon!
At a push Rum is allowed - but beware the Golden Rivet!
OR
Home made Sloe Gin, Blackberry Vodka and their near relatives.
The only White wine they touch is Birch Sap vin de Maison!

Not that I am biased in any way form or manner! :D

You neglected 'anything brewed at home' but other than that I think it's a complete list :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Adze and Goatboy - remiss of me...but some people brew (shudders) lager and some folk would give away stuff like Unicom....ask the naughty corner folk....

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Adze and Goatboy - remiss of me...but some people brew (shudders) lager and some folk would give away stuff like Unicom....ask the naughty corner folk....

Well aye I'll give you that, just allways be polite when they're offering, they may be holding back the good stuff for all the good boys and girls:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE