One for the scouts...pic heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gumbob

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2005
Ayrshire
These are my latest aquisitions. All three are believed to be pre-war.

First one has a dark wooden handle with big brass bolts. It has written on the handle 'Herbert Robinson & Co. Canton Works. Sheffield. Hand Forged.
IMGP1329-copy.jpg

IMGP1335-copy.jpg

Second one.
Bone and leather handle with brass guard.
On one side of the blade it says 'R.Holmberg Eskilstuna' On the other side it says 'Sweden'. There is also an etched pic of a scout and some writing saying 'WORLD ROVER SCOUT MOOT'.
IMGP1336-copy.jpg

IMGP1338-copy.jpg

Third one.
Again, bone handled with brass guard. This one has the tin opener and cork screw in the handle. There is no marks or writing on the blade of this one. There is some writing in pen on the back of the sheath. Can't make it all out but what I can see is ' Thomas Edwin Sedge of Croydon scout troop 1931.

IMGP1341-copy.jpg

IMGP1342-copy.jpg

They are all in pretty dood condition considering their age. The sheaths aren't great mind and show some damage.

If anyone can give me an idea of value I would be very greatful.

Sorry for the poor pics...again:rolleyes: :D

Gumbob

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My husand has one very similar to your last knife, and yes, it was his when he was in the Scouts :D His is at least 50 years old and still going strong. They were intended as general purpose useful, using, tools. Pretty much the bushcraft knife of their day.
I have a very similar one; my knife has a stick tang and a stacked leather handle and despite an awful lot of use it's as good as the day my dad bought it for me :)
No idea of the value, I'm afraid, though they weren't *cheap* when they were bought.

atb,
Toddy

D

Deleted member 4605

Goose said:
Rover scouting finished in the UK, I beleive, in or araound 1967, but carried on in some other countries.

It finished for the Scouting Association, but BPSA still have active Rovers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE