One for the paracord enthusiast

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I have just started another stockwhips! I am getting sort of obsessed with the things at the moment...:rolleyes:

This one is going to be entirely made of paracord. I made a start and got myself tangled in yards of what feels like wet spaghetti with a mind of its own. And that's only the core, with only 8 strands...the top overlay will have 12...:dunno:

Ok, it's only a small bit of it so far, but I only got the paracord today!

The first 2 1/2" of the core. Another 6ft to go...
DSCF5276.jpg

I'll post more pics as I progress (hopefully)

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
I have done a bit more on the whip. I now have 4ft of the 1st plaiting done over the core. It's tricky to get the pattern to stay straight. It's not just a visual thing, I believe whips can behave strangely if the pattern isn't straight due to uneven tension. The rust coloured strands are the core. The first part is 8 strand plait for 18" and it's now gone down to 6 strands plaiting. I am about to start on the 4 strand plaiting to finish the first layer of plaiting.

The second top layer will be 12 strands plaiting...:eek:

DSCF5290.jpg

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
Thats crazy cool! does it have a handle handle on it?

It will yes. It's going to be a Australian stockwhip. The handle is longer and separate from the whip itself, (like the leather one I made and showed a little while back) as opposed to the bullwhip (Indiana Jones type of whip) which has a shorter handle and is a one piece whip.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE