On the look out for a British internship, in outdoor equipment development

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Hey guys thanks for the replies,

Red,

Yes I had considered the idea of riffles, yet steel and other mediums that come into making of riffles are not really my medium, but perhaps it is a nice back-up as allot of rifle companies also design stocks and other accessories.
But your second suggestion made my list Snugpak Love their stuff. Thanks for contributing

ImageDude,

I had a look yet seeing the fact I do not have allot of experience in climbing I find it hard to get myself into the zone designing something I do not know how to use it properly so, though it was a good option I'm afraid it does not fit in my list, Thanks for recommending them though ^^

Pedagog,

The only thing Mountain Equipment designs of which I can use for my internship is Sleeping bags and I would like to have a wider internship that grants me with multiple types of gear instead of just the one. Thanks for the shout out

Tartanferret,

Bcb looks awesome consider it added to my list of possible internship businesses, they have allot of differnt types of gear ranging from sleeping bags to rucksacks etc Thats what I'm looking for thanks ^^

So now ranging from favorite to least favorite:

Fjällräven
Snugpak
Karrimor SF
Bcb
Jack Pyke
Highlander

Yous sincerely Ruud

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
Thanks for that Steve,
Highlanders military stuff looks like the kinda stuff that is getting close to my definition

The only problem with Highlander is that i imagine half of their products are bought from china and then they just stick their label on it. They are a bigger company however.
I think you should look into Arktis a bit more, they make stuff for militaries world wide, they make lots of special things to order too. Their products are pretty well made. They also supply products for emergency services too. The only issue with them is that their online presence is not very good, they really need a better website.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Hey Steve,

Dont get me wrong I love the stuff Arktis makes, but they mainly design clothing and that is a no go as far as my study is concerned
and I would like to find something with a wider product range, something thats going from tarps, to sleeping bags to rucksacks etc

And Image dude thanks for the tip I will be looking around on Aiguille

Yours sincerely Ruud

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE