On The Arizona Trail between Lake Mary and Marshall Lake South of Flagstaff Arizona

Arizroughrider

Forager
Apr 24, 2010
Prescott, Arizona USA
cliff.jpg

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
"my wife eating an earth worm" - YES!! Post it up , she won't mind.

" and the Bear Minute Man Bow." -??????????????

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Good Girl!! Pat on yer missus head for being a star!!

You got a link for that breakdown Bow ? Looks Good.

Arizroughrider

Forager
Apr 24, 2010
Prescott, Arizona USA
By the way , did the worm stay down?

It stayed down, but she said it was very "gritty". She has eaten roasted grass hoppers and live grubs as well. She knows more about survival than a lot of guys.

The bow was another eBay find. I believe it was made from the mid 60's to the early 70's I think I paid $100.00 for it. The center is magnesium, so it is very light in the pack.

Last edited:

Arizroughrider

Forager
Apr 24, 2010
Prescott, Arizona USA
The ends have wood centers with fiberglass on the outside. I would make sure it is not delaminating and the nocks for the bow string are not chipped up or look too ragged. The center section is magnesium except for the small reinforcing bars at the end that appear to be made from steel that is spot welded. The arrow guide on mine was intact, but I am sure that is an easily replaced item if you get one that is missing or defective. Mine came without a string. Luckily there is an archery shop close to where I live.

A friend of mine had one and showed it to me. After I saw his I just had to get one for myself.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hehe good try, She's pretty cool really,were both forces chaps our selves i'm ex Army Air Corps and she is Current RAF. when I get a kit idea at first it's all no's but when it arrive's i have to wait in line to play with what ever it is.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE