Olive cord

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
I am looking to buy, on-line, olive green cord (not para cord) of the sort used for tarp guy lines, in bulk spools. I need both thin (2 mm) and thicker (8 mm). It needs to be pretty stretch free. Any pointers? All I can seem to find is classic para cord which I don't really want.
Thanks,
Chris

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
You want polyester braid, and stricktly you don't need to have it in Olive. Black will be just as invisible, and the coloured lines will be more practical because you are less likely to trip over the lines :)

I am involved in much the same search, except of the olive part. Polyester is often pre-stretched and won't have the give that nylon cord does. This is important for setting up a long taut line for the ridge line of a tarp.

There are a lot of shops that sell cord, but without an account somewhere, I am not sure about the bulk spools yet.

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Thanks for the replies. Very helpful.
C_Claycomb: polyester braid, that's it, exactly what I want.
Wayland: I actually don't want to use it for guy lines, hence the 'of the sort used for' comment in my original post. I want it for a basket weaving project and it needs to be olive. The non-stretch nature of this stuff is important, unlike most cords with a woven core.
Looks like woundabout.com has just what I need and I'll try an order there.
Thanks again,
Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE