Old Threads.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Have found another problem. When I go through old threads, I can only see first 3 threads. Then it goes to bottom of page and I can't go any further .
Any ideas??
Ian.

Also if you try to use a link to something FBNS (From Before New Site) all you get is
The page you are trying to access does not exist.
Please select a page from the main menu.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I've found something similar,
But if you wait a few minutes, the information on teh rest of the page does turn up, I recon its delving through the archives to remember what was being discussed!

Not sure about linking to stuff from the earlier site though.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Have found another problem. When I go through old threads, I can only see first 3 threads. Then it goes to bottom of page and I can't go any further .
Any ideas??
Ian.

Also if you try to use a link to something FBNS (From Before New Site) all you get is
The page you are trying to access does not exist.
Please select a page from the main menu.

I can only help you with the FBNS bit.
Old threads have in their URL (internet adress) www bushcraftuk com/community/<thread ID>

To view the old thread on the new forum you have to remove the 'community' bit, and add 'forum' in it's place, so you get:
www bushcraftuk com/forum/<thread ID>

Hope this helps :)

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Well Ogri you are right. But should it take a few minutes to come up with it?

DaveP Here is the example you requested:-
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community...ad.php?t=15711

Ahjno. your suggestion didn't work, this time.
Another problem Dave, the example is here when I type it, but when I go to submit, it dissapears.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community...ad.php?t=15711

See if it comes through when I physically type it in.

I give up, now the're both there

That's because the link is broken by the dots between community and ad. This 'ad' are the last 2 letters from the word thread, as in 'showthread' (see below).

The format should read: (removes the www.bushcraftuk.com URL bit, otherwise the link didn't show the 'showthread' bit properly)
<add here BCUK homepage URL> /community/showthread.php?t=15711
But it's from the old site

Swap community for forum and it should work ...
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15711

EDIT:
Checked it, and it does work: underblanket thread by you Sir! :D

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Johan,
I don't understand this at all. There are the dots in Magikelly's thread and I presume it worked in the original thread. Also why doesn't it show when I submit the post, but it is there when I type it out?

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Johan,
I don't understand this at all. There are the dots in Magikelly's thread and I presume it worked in the original thread. Also why doesn't it show when I submit the post, but it is there when I type it out?

Haven't got the foggiest Ian.
I had the same problem (typing, but not appearing in the post) when I made my previous reply, hence I had to add spaces and remove the BCUK URL. Think it has to do with the new website / newer software, etc.

Think it's on Admins to do list (hope so - as it's pretty :nutkick: to dig around in old threads, click on links to other threads - to find out these don't work :rolleyes: )

Anyway, if you've got a prob. with it in future, let me know mate - I like these puzzles :D :approve:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE