Old style Karrimor KSB's ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Anybody know where ya can get hold of a pair of old style KSB's ? They were considered de riguer for a squaddy years back and I would love to get hold of a pair, even if there 2nd hand

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Blimey, that's a blast from the past, had mine for years. You're right they were highly regarded, I don't know when they stopped making them. You're best bet is probably ebay, you probably know, but you can save a search and it emails you when what you are after is listed, good luck.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
I had some KSB outbacks a few years ago. They were absolutely top notch kit, well made and very comfy. Karrimor have since been taken over by Lonsdale and the quality has suffered dramatically. New karrimor boots and shoes are marketed as ksbs and are availible from sports direct but the quality is not as it was.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Just to let you know, I still have a pair of KSB's, yes they are comfy and the new ones are not a patch on them.
The bottom line though, is I am keeping them, just thought I make you jealous.:yelrotflm:dancer::yelrotflm

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Hey.. I have a pair, green ones. Had them years, got them re soled with vibram,but that was years ago. I dont wear them anymore,because they queek. Drives me nuts. They are still intact, with some wear and tear inside to the foot liner. I'm not home right now, so can't double check the tongue, but I'm sure they have the garmont label on them, made in Italy. I dont know if they can repaired ie the squeek, or indeed if it would be cost effective?

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
You mean the blue n green goretex boots i got in 1999, alas they died after many miles. Todays version are like using magnums on a baseline.:campfire:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Can't help you there, although I did pick up a pair of original Kickers a few weeks back, new old stock from a charity shop, £4.99 :)

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I had a pair of the OG ones KSB S3's and wore them until I had worn a hole in the leather where the toe box flexes. They were mega boots.

The first ones were made by Asolo the later ones were made by Garmont..

http://homepage.mac.com/inov8/Compass/karrimorimages.html#

As Twodogs says the Lowa elites are very very similar as are the Aku NS 64's

Good luck with your search... If you find a stash of them let us know...

These AKU's are very very similar...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aku-Scope...en_s_Shoes&hash=item3370def92d#ht_3121wt_1001

Last edited:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I've got a couple of pairs of the suede and cordura ksb 300's with the event liner,still wearing well.
Bought from tiso many moons ago.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
It's the KSB 3S . Oh, to find a pair of them in a 7 would be grand !
Them AKU Scopes look mighty fine, pity ya can't get em in the UK

Feb 4, 2013
Slovenia
Anybody know where ya can get hold of a pair of old style KSB's ? They were considered de riguer for a squaddy years back and I would love to get hold of a pair, even if there 2nd hand

I see this is an old post so it may not be relevant any more.

They were De Rigeur if you were a ninja during the 80's and if you were seen wearing a pair, around Hereford, you'd get a lot of funny looks and sometimes even questioned, even if you knew the person before they re-badged.

I have looked myself over the past couple of years and even bought a pair of the new ones, which are just not the same. They are one lace loop less, use a different type of loop, just not the same quality as they started falling apart after a few miles and don't have the same look.

Not sure you'll find some you could try Silvermans they have a small selection and if you want leather, Altberg Mountain boots might fit the bill, they are the same style, in fact I might try a pair of them myself. I'm not sure if they still have second hand, they did when I visited many years ago, as did Henry du Bora's in Aldershot. If you give them a ring, they do have the Lowa Mountain boot also same style. There was a big military surplus store in Pompei that did second hand, think it might be called Andy's now.

I have had my KSB's for more than 15 years and have done a fair mileage. There is a hole, probably in the same place as johnboy has mentioned. A bit of flexible silicon, a pair of gaiters, if it looks like rain and I'm good to go. I know it's bit odd but they are still the dogs cahuna's, comfortable and living in Slovenia now I still use them for paragliding and walking.

Anyway good luck with the hunt if you haven't already found something.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Thought I would add to this.
I had a pair of KSB Caingorm Karrimor boots - absolutely awesome boot eVent lining and Vibram sole. Have recently replaced them with what I thought was similar spec Karrimor boot. Vibram sole, eVent lining. Just completed a 5 mile walk in them and these are straight out the box. Well the uppers of the boots are starting to peel off from the sole. The boot has stretched already and the stitching is pulling apart. The boots feel really unsupportive and totally unfit for purpose.

How sad.

Back to the shop they go.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I got a pair of original olive ksb's soon after I got married in 1990. We didnt have much money so it was a big outlay at the time (£60?). They lasted until C2009/10? when one of the uppers eventually completely delaminated from the sole unit. I didnt think it worth repairing, they ended up in the skip. But I wore them a lot for work, they were always comfy, didnt smell bad, was sorry to see them go. I looked at a more recent pair in a shop and was not impressed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE