Old spoon/New spoon...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mr Mac

Forager
Mar 25, 2009
Home.
Thought it was about time I carved myself a new spoon.
She'll see action for the first time this evening....

8571555891_99a9970f58_m.jpg

New spoon on top.

8572649634_54e4f56c69_m.jpg

New spoon on left.

8572648470_29eec2c738_m.jpg

I carved my new spoon from a nice piece of seasoned Apple.
J.​

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
A really nice pair of spoons. How did you find the seasoned apple to carve it must of been like rock, I still have not finished my apple spoon and it is just sitting at the bottom of the box awaiting attention.

Mr Mac

Forager
Mar 25, 2009
Home.
That is just wonderful.

Makes me ashamed to call my efforts spoons at all.
Not at all... Keep at it and enjoy the process Harvestman. I carve practically every day, unless I'm at the camera or computer.
Practice is on my side.
Keep going, you'll be surprised.
Best wishes.
Jon Mac.

Mr Mac

Forager
Mar 25, 2009
Home.
A really nice pair of spoons. How did you find the seasoned apple to carve it must of been like rock, I still have not finished my apple spoon and it is just sitting at the bottom of the box awaiting attention.
Ah ! Well... I use my own design of knife. I designed two knives for carving and bushcraft. The MaChris bush crafter is a great all rounder for carving and camp work. And the MiniMaC is a designated carver. The secret is not only in the design, they are made in 52100 bearing steel. Properly hardened, this steel will keep a super keen edge for a long duration. It won't fold like other steels, and raerly chips, unless you meet an inclusion.
Add a bit of skill and practice and away you go.
Keep em sharp and fetch the spoon from the box.
Best wishes.
Jon Mac.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE