Old sheepskin boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
Being one for using / tinkering with old and broken items I have salvaged my other halfs old "ugg" boots. Or Celtic company. They are sheepskin either way.

The toe has been burst through and she refuses to repair them and has binned them (so she thinks!)

The boots are calf high and the skin there is very good condition and still very fleecy. Any ideas what I could use it for?

My initial thoughts were mittens seeing as winter is upon us.

Ideas on a postcard!

Stevie

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Mittens is a great idea... or maybe a bit of stitching and alterations... some woodland slippers?

Or, and there is no delicate way to put this... what about some extra warm grundies? You'll never have cold feet with a hat and a good pair of grundies :D

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Save any long thin strips left over from making other stuff and after shaving down to fluffy stubble use them to line any sheaths you make in the future. Either deliberately lightly oil them or after repeated application the the blade will transfer enough oil so that the blades coated every time it's put away. Done with lanolin it grips the blade lovely.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE