old school 1 inch copper pipe?

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Hi Folks
just been looking for some old fashioned 1 inch copper pipe and hit a wall of mertricnicity. 22 and 28 mm I can get anywhere but a inch oreven 25mm, not a chance.

While I'm waiting for my tin moulds I thought of knocking up some out of copper pipe. To fit the lamps and holders i want them to, the finished candles need to be 7/8ths" diameter which if I remember right is just about what the internal diameter of old one inch tube was. I was going to just solder a brass disk on the end with a 3mm hole for the wick on one end and make a cap to slip on the other end with a semi circular plate with a notch for the wick to centre it.

So does any one have 7 inches of 1 inch copper pipe or multiples of 7" I can buy, beg or trade for?

ATB

Tom

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
28mm and 1" pipe are the same thing, when they metricated the pipe sizes in the UK a lot of sizes stayed the same, just the unit of measure changed, especially with the smaller sizes, only 22mm is different.

I will try and get you some 1" air conditioning copper tube tomorrow though, I am working on a site tomorrow where they have aircon being installed...

I'll make a note

Wings

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I got the pipe off-cuts sorted, but before we go any further, I checked both the air-con imperial and the plumbing metric measurements, and they are pretty much exactly the same, both had a nominal bore of 1"/25mm whereas the outside diameter was 28mm and 1 and 1/8 inches.

I can send you both if you want so you can see the difference.

Wingstoo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE