Old kit bag DIY(PICS)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks,yesterday it was tipping it down so i did,nt get the chance to head out to the woods :(. So being bored i decided to try my sewing skills. I had an old army kit bag,http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shop/army-surplus/bags-rucksacks/british-army-kitbag-341172.html thats been lying around for a couple of years now,courteously given to me by a neighbor.

So out came the quick pick,and i undid the stitching.
Well the material was restitched on the sewing machine,and i managed to get a pouch for my brew billie.
Pouch.
pouch2640x480.jpg

pouch640x480.jpg

I got 2 camp chairs out of it also.
Camp chair stitched up.
chaircover640x480.jpg

My sewing skills are not as good as the wifes,but it has been a rather long time since i last used a sewing machine :rolleyes:

Well the weather was much more accommodating today so i headed out to the woods to play with me new DIY gear.

My new camp chair.
chair640x480.jpg

chair2640x480.jpg

And me chillin.
chair3640x480.jpg

Well it was another nice day spent outdoors,and i did'nt land on my backside while trying out the chair,so me sewing can't be all that bad.:lmao:

Cheers for looking.
Stuart.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Stuart likey the camp chair ! a think if a went anywhere near a sewing machine it would be a visit to A&E for me

Jason

PS the ditty bag is good to but for me the chair wins it

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
i like the camp chair
how do you lock the tripod bit together is it the fabric that holds it in place? i am getting a bit tired of sitting on the floor or logs but cant justify trying to carry a folding chair in and out on my walks

Hi Sam,the tripod i tied together with a constrictor knot,then you tie the chair material on as in the pics.
I hope that makes sense.
Also heres a link that may be of some use.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jura-cmCsA

Cheers Stu, great pics as usual. The chairs look sooooo comfy, are they as good as they look?

atb

dave

Hi Dave,aye its good and comfy,i'm just looking forward to getting out again and sitting in comfort in front of a fire,watching the billie
come up to the boil :campfire: bliss :)

Thanks for the comments folks.

Cheers Stuart

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Very nice Stuart, good bit of recycling :)

A girl on a course I did a few years ago had a chair like that but it was made from an ultra thin nylon fabric which she managed to stuff into a 35mm film canister.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE