Jan 15, 2011
Florida
10437786_671581986264204_5720773062391951710_n.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You do realise that most of us don't have a clue what you're talking about ? :)

Sweets are things like boilings, pan drops, sherbet lemons, soor plooms, cinnamon balls....not what looks like a cream topped coke thing :dunno:

Dandelion and Burdock's quite good though :)

M

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Do my eyes deceive me or does that say "All American Food" on the side of that glass?

Last edited:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Putting ice cream in fizzy pop has never been anything like as popular here as in your neck of the woods, s2k.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That combination is beyond sickeningly sweet :yuck:

Irn bru poured over a scoop of ice cream.....and the hasty sooking through a straw though, was a very occasional childhood Summer time treat. A frothy mess if you got it wrong :D

M

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
What can I say, though I'm normally a savoury (pasty, sausage roll, pie) over a sweet person, sometimes you've just got to go all in:lmao:.

Another favourite that our american cousins introduced me to at this time of year is something called "divinity" - a bit like a soft white nougat, absolutely yummm!
Sorry if I derailed the thread a bit:eek:

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
For anyone interested in trying it, Chinese wholesalers often sell it (no idea why) and though not A&W you can buy glass bottles in Tesco at the moment in the world food aisle

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Talking of the world food aisle.... there are some gems to be found in the Indian and Caribbean stuff in there :D
Kg bags of almonds, of cashew nuts, for £7 for instance, and the Polish raspberry version of Ribena's good too.

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's better in Scotland. Seriously it is. We tried it in Wales with stuff bought from the Tesco in Bridgend and it wasn't good.
I don't know what they do to it, but up here there's no bubblegum flavour to it.

M

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
It's better in Scotland. Seriously it is. We tried it in Wales with stuff bought from the Tesco in Bridgend and it wasn't good.
I don't know what they do to it, but up here there's no bubblegum flavour to it.

M

I tried it in Scotland. I lived there for three years. First time I thought maybe I had a dodgy batch, but other folk told me no, it always tastes like that. Haven't tried it since.

By the way, you always bite when I say I don't like Irn Bru. :) :fishing:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Mmmmm... Root Beer, one of my favourite drinks from my youth :)

I really miss not having somewhere over here to get it without paying over the odds. I did find one online supplier for all sorts of sodas but A&W Root beer was about £1.25 a can :(

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I tried it in Scotland. I lived there for three years. First time I thought maybe I had a dodgy batch, but other folk told me no, it always tastes like that. Haven't tried it since.

By the way, you always bite when I say I don't like Irn Bru. :) :fishing:

But you're wrong; it's good :D :D and you jump in everytime it's mentioned to let us know that you don't like it.

Root beer ? is that the stuff from sassafrass ?

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE