Okay boys, lets play

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Why does Emmas wit get the special praise. Her wit is inconsequential next to the power of mine and Southey's. Less than half in fact.

Pet a snake for me. I always get injured when chasing lizards. One once tricked me into quicksand on the banks of the Nile. The swines!!!

Did it then knick your wallet but throw you your fedora and whip, flick you a cheeky grin and catch a ride on a passing cruise ship, fading into the evening light sipping a dry gin and chatting up a widowed countess while eyeing her pearls?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
No I landed on it and killed it dead. Not my greatest memory. The next ten minutes after that were even worse, massive panic ensued. Thank god no one was watching. It was only about two foot deep. I eventually discovered this and just stood up and walked out. That stuff don't 'alf chafe when it gets down your pants though.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hehehehe that's cool! I had a quality panic moment today, out for a trundle with the twins in tow, heard a buzz by my ear so just sped up a little, then saw the bugger in my peripheral and started to duck and dive, though it was gone, few more step then saw it again and went into full jungle bop, grabbed twins and sprinted twenty yards down the track away from the mental hell spawn of a monster hornet only to stop and the boy then picked out a catkin from the birch we had pushed through to get onto the path, it was hanging from my forehead, DOH!

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Well, I can see all 3 of you being lots of good clean fun. Emma sounds like a delight and she likes knives, perfect! Jonathan, you really should do a USA tour and play with our snakes and other critters. we have all sorts. I've not seen a snake in a few years but I haven't been looking to find one. I saw a Gila Monster last fall when it was still 90F outside. It was impressive. I was at the market today and there are occasions where coyotes have taken groceries from the patrons at that market, but still no snakes. I know on the other side of the highway there are bound to be loads of them, desert with no houses about. I took this pic there in fact. Perfect habitat and NO quicksand! In the SE US there are huge snakes of all sorts. Many that don't belong. Note that my steering wheel is in the proper position :)

fourlr.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Been to the US many times. Arizona is a favourite of mine. I love the terrain, flora and fauna. Unfortunately I had to spend alot of time with an uneducated gun nut who couldn't be persuaded that the P7 was a decent firearm. He insisted that the Glock was the be all and end all and we just couldn't get on from that point. He also used to carry an immense amount of equipment just in case we were hit by absolutely every disaster conceivable.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
See you are a fun lot! I sold that LR in January, by now the steering wheel has probably fallen off.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
See you are a fun lot! I sold that LR in January, by now the steering wheel has probably fallen off.

Well, if you start turning them a lot, they will. They aren't meant to go on that side. Why you US drivers give your passengers control of the steering is beyond me. Here in the UK, the driver controls the accelerator, clutch, gear stick, brakes AND steering. Might seem a little weird, but it does work. That way, you don't need two people in the car all the time as well.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
You're quite right, you do have double wits. I will know if you ever come to the states, you'll be the one parked on the wrong side of the road, waiting for a passenger to come steer you about. I do wish I could go out with only 2 in the car. With fuel prices as they are we have to fill the car with people to afford to actually drive it anywhere.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
You're quite right, you do have double wits. I will know if you ever come to the states, you'll be the one parked on the wrong side of the road, waiting for a passenger to come steer you about.

Touche my friend :lmao:

But then I could bring Emma along and we all could suffer at the hands of an idiot driver.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I am guessing that she best not read that last bit. She probably does just fine, goin down the wrong side of the road all the time has to take concentration! You are welcome anytime and I'll even drive and you can keep your eyes closed :) Cheers!

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Well, if you start turning them a lot, they will. They aren't meant to go on that side. Why you US drivers give your passengers control of the steering is beyond me. Here in the UK, the driver controls the accelerator, clutch, gear stick, brakes AND steering. Might seem a little weird, but it does work. That way, you don't need two people in the car all the time as well.

Actually over here it's usually the Mother-in-Law sitting in the the back seat who is really in control.

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
We both went out for a play today. We were hoping the Hellion would have arrived from Southey. Sadly it didn't. Probably just as well, it's not for girls.

DSC00138.jpg

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Nice pics, must be good to get out. I like the Bayley BTW. Prefer a Scandi grind but I am sure the Bayley works very well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE