Oil Drums, anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Just a kwik check up, guys, I'm desiring an oil drum for a fire and been looking at prices in the locality- I thought I'd check beforehand if anyone has a supply they sell on within Leicestershire or its bordering counties?

I've found some in Northampton at a fiver each so I might treat myself, anyone else after one? I can pick up and drop at Super Sausage meet (or if you're in Leicester, might be able to drop there if I'm offered a brew! :) ) Here's the link to the fleabay item (no ties, just 1/2 the price of most and sharing the warm firey feeling!) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....4500966&category=139915&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619 Prob got room for about 4 if I take the LWB (hopefully, guestimated ;) )

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I basef... I mean facebooked appealed, but sadly have no contacts for scavenged ones... so half price seemed the next best! Doesn't sound like I've got much interest, maybe my tastes in things purloined is as wierd as HWMBO suspects ;)

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
I basef... I mean facebooked appealed, but sadly have no contacts for scavenged ones... so half price seemed the next best! Doesn't sound like I've got much interest, maybe my tastes in things purloined is as wierd as HWMBO suspects ;)

I got hold of one from my local mechanics, just phoned around and asked if they had an empty oil drum I could have and they said yes, I'm sure if you phone a few garages one would oblige.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Do you get to Lincolnshire at all Turbo Girl? COuld sort one out for you I expect
oHHH, i DO OCCASIONALLY! *apologies, fit of over enthusiasm:) * I'll try gregor-scott's idea first. as 4x4 traders we've had the feelers out but I'm wondering if HWMBO has firgotton to ask... time to appear on the forecourts bearing mince pies, methinks ;) Thank you for your help and suggestions, fellas!!

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I had some Christmas goodwill when I bumped into the owner of a local place we send repairs to and yup, he was delighted to let me come and pick one up.... so thanks for suggesting it, I should have relied on me asking rather than overloading my poor HWMBO with my stange bushcrafty requests :)

Very many thanks to you too, British Red, for the kind offer! Very happy seasons greetings to you both x

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No worries - the ones I have still have 2" of Marmite in the bottom - so you may have hated them! :)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Ahhh, you're a bunch o' champions, thanks everso for the firey support :)

I've now collected a barrel from our local car repairers with some neat self starter in the bottom for seasoning it... it woulda killed me to burn off the marmite :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE