Oh what to get. Need help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 16, 2007
I have a budget of about £40 and I am looking for a good all round multi fuel cooker (none of that petrol crap)

I allready have a SSteel SA Trangia that I am happy with but looking for one that can burn wood in so have narrowed it down to this list of 3.

1. BP Light honeystove 09. http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/product397.asp
2. Buscraftstore hobo set up with zebra can http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/...--complete-set-with-zebra-billy-tin-690-p.asp
3. Make my own hobo (Am lazy and can't be arsed to source the kit but would be pleased with the end result if I got off my backside to do it)

What do you think?

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
3. Make my own hobo (Am lazy and can't be arsed to source the kit but would be pleased with the end result if I got off my backside to do it)

What do you think?

What is there to "make"??
Buy An Ikea cutlery drainer, fill full of twigs, small lumps of wood, light. Put kettle on top boil water, or cooking pot, refill as needed. If you want a bit more fancy, buy a aluminium buffet plate from a pound shop, and make it into a wind shield. Total cost about three quid.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The honey stove is a nice bit of kit, the Tatonka burner drops into one of the shelves too but I'm not sure about a tranny.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
I'll second that!

What is there to "make"??
Buy An Ikea cutlery drainer, fill full of twigs, small lumps of wood, light. Put kettle on top boil water, or cooking pot, refill as needed. If you want a bit more fancy, buy a aluminium buffet plate from a pound shop, and make it into a wind shield. Total cost about three quid.

now the question is, what to do with the remaining 37 quit ;)

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
You can burn wood in the SAT, spend it on beer.

Buy some Innis and Gunn oak aged beer It's REALLY good.

Or you could try Skinners heligan honey. They are both very good. Ooh, or get Tribute from the St Austell brewery.

Yeah.. I'm a big fan of ale :)

Dec 16, 2007
Thats all well and good but due to the fact that Im a buddhist I dont drink alcohol.
(yes you can stone me later)

But I do like a good cup of coffee though.

thinking the honey stove may be the pirchase but that is next month as Im now £1200 lighter as Ive just paid for medicals and x rays for th efamily so we can go live in Oz.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE