Oh look cheapie tipis

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alexlebrit

Tenderfoot
Dec 22, 2009
France
I've not read a lot about Green Outdoor's products just one on Path Of The Paddle about their Baker-Tent which seemed very positive.

Anyway I thought I'd flag up their current sale offers, they've got a 4-person polyester "tipi" for sale HERE for £59 reduced from £199! Seemed a good deal so I've just ordered one, and thought I'd flag it up.

loadandresize.asp

• Hi-tech recycled polyester fabric
  • 4 berth
  • 5 square metres of floor area
  • Air vents
  • Internal lantern points
  • Full cotton inner tent with integral PE groundsheet
  • Internal storage pockets
  • Bamboo pegs
  • Aluminium poles
  • recycled guy lines, plastic buckles and webbingHi-tech recycled polyester fabric
  • 4 berth
  • 5 square metres of floor area
  • Air vents
  • Internal lantern points
  • Full cotton inner tent with integral PE groundsheet
  • Internal storage pockets
  • Bamboo pegs
  • Aluminium poles
  • recycled guy lines, plastic buckles and webbing

Not certain about the bamboo pegs, but like the idea of the inner with groundsheet, and I notice from the hemp/cotton version (£139 :eek:) that the inner's suspended from the poles, so it looks possible to pitch without.

They've also got a 2 man tent HERE for £49.

loadandresize.asp

No connection with Green Outdoor, just hoping to be a satisfied customer (fingers crossed).

tytek

Forager
Dec 25, 2009
Leeds
They look OK for the money, they might be popular with festival goers.

Keep us posted after you've given yours a 'wet' test.

Alexlebrit

Tenderfoot
Dec 22, 2009
France
Yeah, I don't see it as a competitor to the expensive tipis, but hopefully better than an Argos, and you get an inner too.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got their Bush Shelter and to be fair it's a nice bit of kit.

You won't be disappointed anyway.

I'm tempted to try the tipi too but how many tents does a man need :rolleyes:

Alexlebrit

Tenderfoot
Dec 22, 2009
France
Woah, that is bright.... only half the HH though, but no doubt fine if it's a shower... Given that it's not that much smaller, and it has steel not ali poles I wonder how they lose half the weight. Maybe one lot's a bit optimistic and one lots a bit pessimistic.

EDIT: Answering my own question the green outdoor has a full inner tent, whereas the Easy Camp doesn't look like it has one.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE