Oh deer! Somebody left evidence

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Out on a countryside geocaching trip and found this.
5c18b398-1ed5-2a4b.jpg

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Urchin with lamp and lurcher?

Most of the dog guy's now tend to not be real poachers more like vandals, when I was training as a keeper I had a rather nasty spate of Idiots from Cantrell Farm with lurchers killing the deer then leaving it in the middle of a field or at the side of the road, didn't take much to fix the situation though :p

hobbes

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Devon, UK
nasty spate of Idiots

Yes, we had a bit of this where I was last. So depressing.

Not sure we can tell either way from the evidence before us though. It's a fun game. I once found a fox skeleton and carefully sifted through, seeing if there might be a complete set of bones... when I got to the bottom I found the slug that had done for poor Charlie. Farmer Green in the back paddock with the revolver.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
It is fun playing CSI - Bushcrafter isn't it.

Charlie is a pain but he is a pain I didn't mind (much), Mink on the other hand... I could tell you a story about a mink a landrover a live trap and a bunch of 1st year student keepers that would make you wet yourself with laughter but I don't want to derail the thread. PM me if you want a chuckle.

Poacher

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2006
Kilgarvan, Co.Kerry. ROI
Most of the dog guy's now tend to not be real poachers more like vandals, when I was training as a keeper I had a rather nasty spate of Idiots from Cantrell Farm with lurchers killing the deer then leaving it in the middle of a field or at the side of the road, didn't take much to fix the situation though :p
Glad you say MOST of the dog guys. There are a few of us left that take for the pot to feed the family and i take pride in the fact that everything i catch or my dog catches gets eaten, i take what i need and no more. I know its wrong but we generally all do things that are wrong everyday.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Poacher, I support repealing the ban and I am well aware of a few who do it to add to the family table. I have no problem with that, infact I support it I used to let it be know if you wanted a rabbit or twenty talk to me first then I would OK you for it and also payed a £50 bounty on a Fox. I am all for that, But now it's mostly idiots who will go out and kill a deer and do it so they can see there "Illegal dog" kill something.

I still let my old girl(13 years old) take a few rabbits, but oddly she asks first always has she is a odd heinz 57 mix, when she wants to chase something she puts her foot on mine and waits till I say go.
As I said there is a real difference from REAL dog men and the majority at the moment.

Poacher

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2006
Kilgarvan, Co.Kerry. ROI
Poacher, I support repealing the ban and I am well aware of a few who do it to add to the family table. I have no problem with that, infact I support it I used to let it be know if you wanted a rabbit or twenty talk to me first then I would OK you for it and also payed a £50 bounty on a Fox. I am all for that, But now it's mostly idiots who will go out and kill a deer and do it so they can see there "Illegal dog" kill something.

I still let my old girl(13 years old) take a few rabbits, but oddly she asks first always has she is a odd heinz 57 mix, when she wants to chase something she puts her foot on mine and waits till I say go.
As I said there is a real difference from REAL dog men and the majority at the moment.
I do fully understand where you are coming from. I did used to know some rather nasty characters many years ago when i lived in West Sussex that had no compassion for the animals they hunted or the dogs they used, they were expendable. To me my dog was something special, i got him at 8 weeks old and had him put to sleep 6 weeks ago at the age of 13 due to old age. He was my best friend to be sure in every way.
I totally support any Keeper that tries to stop idiots that do it for the fun of seeing something suffer or to earn bragging rights of who has the fasted dog.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Blimey I didn't think one photo would get this response, I'm glad I didn't post the photo of the woman on the beach last week! Lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE