Oh dear, whats the world coming to.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Took me a while to figure out that a 'Die-Cut 3”x5” Loop Swatch', is a piece of velcro.

Must be getting old. :?

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Is that the price you have to pay to look like a womble these days??

I agree with you too john, the Svord mini looks pretty cool. be nice with some new scales!

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
If it was less than £50 and wasn't called "Shag Master" (or at least didn't have it written on the outside) I'd have that. It looks comfy.

But at £200 they are most definitely taking the Michael.

As with a lot on Heinnie's I find myself wondering who exactly buys these things? Like a £1500 Rockstead knife - has anyone ever heard of one that was actually bought?

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
If it was less than £50 and wasn't called "Shag Master" (or at least didn't have it written on the outside) I'd have that. It looks comfy.

But at £200 they are most definitely taking the Michael.

As with a lot on Heinnie's I find myself wondering who exactly buys these things? Like a £1500 Rockstead knife - has anyone ever heard of one that was actually bought?

+1

If it keeps me warm and i feel it's reasonably priced i don't really care what it looks like.

Buggered if i'd pay that for a hoody though.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
"Shag Master" I presume refers to the rough piles you get off it, same as a rough carpet or the robust shred of a good Navy Shag tobacco. A good Navy shag was popular when I was younger although I never took to it myself. For younger members :-

"Shag - The finest shred of pipe tobacco, in which the leaves are shredded into long, but extremely thin pieces. Gives a fiery burn and is extremely popular, even though in Edwardian England it was considered a thing of the poor. The majority of shag tobaccos contain a high amount of virginia tobacco, as their longer leaves allow this cut."

http://www.smokerschoiceguide.co.uk/pipe-tobacco.htm

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
For younger members :-

I'll have you know that some of the younger members of BCUK Smoke a Pipe and also Smoke cigars :p Yes I am 27 and I smoke a pipe, and proud of it too!

And That hoodie is a joke, I wouldn't trust or ware anything that uses a pun in it's name like that, is this the bushy equivalent of that Juicy brand that seem's to be doing the rounds?

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
OK, here in holland we smoke shag (not the funny stuff but it's just the name for rolling tobacco)

As do we :thumbup: shag is a common loose tobacco over here aswell. Shag is also a slang name for friend. As in "eyup shag, r goer " or passes that spanner shag ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE