Off to New Zealand soon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi All,
I'm emigrating from the UK to New Zealand soon.
I've been there before, so I know a bit of what to expect, but I was just wondering if anyone else had done it and if there are any members of this forum down there?
We're heading for the East side of the South Island, a bit above Dunedin.
I'd love to hear from any bushcrafters out there.
Cheers,
Jamie :)

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
jamie i hate you.no only joking,i havent visted nz,only seen it on tv and it looks so beautiful and with diverse countryside between the 2 islands.i dont know of any bushcrafters out there but if you google, monteria. it will show a pig hunting website based in nz some guys on there may do other stuff instead of hunting like fishing & staying out in the trampers huts.please send pics when you get there.oh and look at the footrot flats comic books.they are like a nz version of the emmerdales dingles always makes me laugh.

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
I'd love to emigrate to NZ,
my other half keeps pointing out potentioal pitfalls, jobs, money etc :( .

We were on the south Island for about 7 months, 10yrs ago. Have a great time, the wildlife is excellent, loads of tramping/wilderness trips to be had. Enjoy!

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Lucky lucky sod. I lived and worked over on the west coast (franz josef) for two years back in 2000. It really is a wonderful place. Plenty of scope fotr bushcraft out there, or at least there was over where i was as it was very sparsely populated. Beautiful mountains, forests and beaches and the kiwis seem to love being outside.
Best of luck with the move, hope you love it as much as i did.
Baggins

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
jamie18thmo said:
Hi All,
I'm emigrating from the UK to New Zealand soon.
I've been there before, so I know a bit of what to expect, but I was just wondering if anyone else had done it and if there are any members of this forum down there?
We're heading for the East side of the South Island, a bit above Dunedin.
I'd love to hear from any bushcrafters out there.
Cheers,
Jamie :)

You LUCKY, LUCKY Barsteward:lmao:
Good Luck old bean!!!

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Lucky fella. I'd love to do the same but they wouldn't let me in. There are a couple of Kiwis over on the Paleoplanet site, one from the Nelson area and one from Christchurch (I think, or could be Canterbury). They might be able to give you some advice.

Thanks for the messages folks.

Moocher: Hunting with dog and dagger only! Blimey! That must be an experience! For those that haven't seen it, check this out!

http://monteriaboarhunts.co.nz/

Hopefully I'll find some like-minded types down there, in fact I'm sure I will. I'll post some pics when I'm settled-in there (not to rub it in, honest ;) ).

Happy Bushcrafting in the UK (and elsewhere, of course) everyone.

Cheers,

J :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE