Off to Alaska + Canada..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 18, 2004
Braintree, Essex
Hi,

Im off to Alaska and Canada for two weeks in a couple of days time. I plan to go hiking and practice a few bushcraft skills, which should be good fun :-D . I was just wondering if anyone here had any last minute advice on traveling over there, or on any extra kit i might need.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
soak it up like a sponge man, nice one , have a great trip and bring back some stories, cheers al :-D

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Where are you going? Its liable to be damn cold over there at the moment so be prepared for -25c!. If you want to blat acroos you can pick up a "drivaway" car drop it off at its new home....
Cheers
Rich

Jan 18, 2004
Braintree, Essex
Thanks, i'll deffenitly be sure to prepare for the cold. I'll be spending a week in the Anchorage area, and a week just west of Vancouver. Flying out on Sunday, i can't wait :-D

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Don't buy any of the tourist ULUS. Look for some by www.ulumaker.com ( terrible site navigation,lots of popups.) Real tool steel and antler handles. Alaska itself is several distinct regions. Anchorage is a typical city, and prepare for sticker shock at prices. Pick up a few copies of ALASKA Magazine and consider a subscription. It's a lovely memory that comes once a month. So much to see in both lovely places. Just plan to return. If you do, ALASKA Magazine will have a travel guide called MILEPOSTS advertised that is a goldmine.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
West of Vancouver, isn't that the Sea? Best Check out the Whales and take a trip to Hotspings Island (NW of vancouver island) fantastic well worth a visit.
Hey While your over there (Think you may have gone already) pick up a Hennessy Hammock and a thermorest. Both are far cheaper in Canada.
Cheers
Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE