Off Down Under Monday!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
bambodoggy said:
I hate spiders!!!!! Last time I was in Oz, I stayed with my cousin in Adelade and he "jokingly" throw a huntsman at me....I nearly broke his nose before I calmed down and then spent the rest of the week saying sorry to him!!! I didn't know what a huntsman was and that it wasn't that dangerous and just freaked!!!!! :shock:

yeah I had a similar experience whilst sitting up a tree in Adelaide. I was idley chatting to a friend and was playing with a piece of bark that was peeling back. Little did I know that this was a prime Huntsman hidey hole. As the piece of bark snapped off, the Huntsman that was hiding under the bark decided to leg it for the nearest dark space which happened to be where I was sitting :yikes: Of course, I thought it was attacking me and without a second glimpse I was out of the tree. The only problem was I was 15 feet off the ground !! I was up and legging it before I realised that I had left my friend up the tree wetting themself laughing. Instant loss of streetcred with the locals, but I did get some cool back for the jump out of the tree and the following roll straight into a run that I used in my escape :)

There's no such thing as a good spider in my book !!

Cheers,

Martin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE