Oddest things found in the woods?

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
Part of my job is to pick up and dispose of roadkill. Devilish as I am, now I will have to go to the thriftshop, buy some necklaces, and dispose of the carcasses in more creative places, than the dump!
 
I used to visit the ROC bunkers mentioned above, there is also a restored Group HQ in York, which is open to the public if you're interested.


I haven't found anything of interest however the most facinating thing I heard about was on another forum of a guy in the US/Canada who was about 2 days from the nearest road, a gravel track rarely used at that. He had stopped to sort his pack out and noticed, propped against up a tree was a double barrel flintlock shotgun from the early 1800's. Loaded with lead shrapnel shot, with one barrel discharged and the other still cocked.

The buttstock desintegrated as soon as he touched it, all of the components were rusted and completely seized. He had already begun restoring it when he mentioned it.

Goodness knows how long that was sat there, untouched.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE