Odd fruits!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Can anyone recognise this here fruit?
we've got em all over the place locally, they're about the size of a large grape, single stone (slightly flattened like an almond) and grow in ones.
they start yellow and stay that way unless they catch the light in which they go red, they've started dropping off the tree's already, they're soft inside and yellow like a peach or plum.

i'm wondering if they are a kind of plum or something? they're everywhere mind.

1st pic is the leaves, its a tangly old tree
2nd berries on bush
3rd in hand

oddness.jpg

oddness2.jpg

oddness3.jpg

like i say they're all over the place, along with haws, elderberries blackberries, rowanberries, bird cherries and hazelnuts :D
i'm sure there's more i don't know out there but we're in a nice woody area round here.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Look like Mirabelle plums to me.
There are loads of them around.
What with the sloe abundance as well, looks like it's going to be a good year for plums!

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Mirabelle plums are a possible aye, although these leaves are spiked where the majority i see are straight edged?
not sure, they defo seem like a plum fruit wise they seem similar, stones are similar etc.
i'll grab a couple tonight and show you guys the innards.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
looks like cherry plum, i opened a thread on this not long ago titled ''ID of fruit/tree'' if you wish to see it.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I suggest you eat a shed load and if we can still reach you on Monday ........................they weren't poisonous!

NOOOOOO!
Only in jest Sirrah!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE