NZ...The land of the long white cloud.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 27, 2016
Sydney
First I need to dust off the cobwebs as it seems nobody has been in this particular forum since 2014.....pity.

Later this year I am off to NZ to walk, tramp, trek or hike the Te Araroa, a 3500km long distance path from Cape Reinga at the top of the North Island to Bluff at the very bottom of the South Island. The trek should, all being well, take about 5 months, but knowing the fickle NZ weather, this could change.

So, why am I saying this? Simple really.....I'm interested to know if there's anyone here who might like to tackle this little project with me?

As my profile will inform you, I am not your typical gung-ho youth, far from it, but I'm not yet ready to give up the ghost either, so I can tell you now I wont be setting any land speed records on this trip. Instead I'll be 'smelling the roses', taking lots of photos and enjoying the moment.

If you're at all interested, or simply have any questions, please feel free to ask away.

In the meantime I'll just put a drop of oil on this forums doors.....makes it easier to open....!

Cheers

enbee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hi ,
When are you planning on doing this? Super massive interesting project. Feel free to PM me.

Feb 27, 2016
Sydney
The plan is for an late October or early November start, just depends when I get back from Canada.

With regards the link to the TA website, I know about this and all the FB groups for the TA, but thanks again anyway.

Its an interesting logistical project simply due to the time involved and the possibility that things may not go as one would have hoped, but its also fun doing the research too.

I've already done many of the tracks on the TA, though not all by a long way, so I'm familiar with both Islands.

Thanks for your interest

Cheers

enbee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE