NZ Issue DPM Ventile smock.

nzgunnie

Tenderfoot
Sep 11, 2005
New Zealand
Hello from New Zealand!

I have a brand new, still in it's plastic bag, Kiwi issue 'Windproof Ventile Smock' size XL.

These are based on the SAS windproof pattern, but in Kiwi DPM (lighter in colour than brit DPM). Four large pockets on the front, two zipped pockets too, wired fold away hood, elastic drawstrings, pockets on the upper arms.

Now what I'm after is one of these:
http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/dptcr1nx.html

or one of these:
http://cadetdirect.com/order1.php?pg=190

Basically a PLCE chest rig with the velcro flaps on the mag pouches. The above are just the examples I could find online.

If someone is prepared to send me one of the above, I'll send them the brand new Ventile smock in exchange.

Cheers

Phil.

nzgunnie

Tenderfoot
Sep 11, 2005
New Zealand
Phil, what does XL equate to in feet and inches?

It is about the same size as a british smock that I have that has size 190/104 NATO size 8090/9505. This would be for someone about 6ft. The Kiwi smock I have comes down just above my knees, and I'm 5'8".

I know where I can get one of these. It is in a used condition though. I'd like to see how different to UK DPM colour the NZ version is though. Do you have a picture?

I'll try and get a pic posted for you. Basically the colours lighter, the green and sandy colour have more yellow, and the brown is more red. I'm really after a new chest rig though - hence I posted the links to places they are for sale in the UK (hint, hint!), the smock is brand new.

nzgunnie

Tenderfoot
Sep 11, 2005
New Zealand
Ok, here's my first attempt at using photobucket, hopefully it works!

Here is an over all shot showing the smock:

This is quite a nice detail on these Kiwi smocks, the buttons are 'hidden':

This is the smock side by side with a reasonably new British SAS windproof, to give some comparison between the colours (note the fluff visible on the kiwi smock was off the carpet...it's all gone now :11doh: ) :

And here is another overall view:

Smock is from a smoke free home, only taken out of it's bag for the photos.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Looks very much like the Danish DPM, that seems to be very orange as well. I only have an OG chest rig, but I also have a DPM kop vest that needs to be off'd!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE