Nyponsoppa (Swedish Rose Hip Soup)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Wrong time of year, but I was looking for a really traditional recipe for 'Nyponsoppa'(?) which is a traditional Swedish rose hip soup. I have been quite surprised at finding a lot of hips left over from last autumn, although bit dried out :) I want to try it with some other similar fruit.

Any suggestions from Swedish guys etc appreciated ;)

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Nyponsoppa

7 dl water
1 tablespoon potato flour
3 dl nyponmos (smashed mypon)
about ½ dl sugar

4 portions about 45 minutes

Made out from nyponmos:

Nyponmos is made from fresh nypon which has been boiled , pressed through a net and then frozen in the deep freezer.

You boil the water. Mix in the potato flour with some cold water. Take the pot from the heating. Mix in the potato flour/water mix to thicken the water. Add the nyponmos and sugar. The frozen Nyponmos can be used as it is directly from the freezer. If you use fresh Nypon you have to use more than 3 dl, I don’t know how much you will need to produce the “mos”. Add sugar to taste and let the soup get colder. If you like you can eat it with ice crème or put some whipped crème into the soup.

Cheers
Abbe

S

Skippy

The Really Wild Food Guide has some brilliant wild recipes one of which is rosehip soup....very hard too get hold of but well worth the effort

S

Skippy

thats the one but i cannot get the emai link to work, if you try to order through waterstones or amazon they try to charge you an extra 1.99 per item on top of the price.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Skippy said:
thats the one but i cannot get the emai link to work, if you try to order through waterstones or amazon they try to charge you an extra 1.99 per item on top of the price.

have you tried this one from the main page of Countrylovers.co.uk?

fwd2cluk@yahoo.co.uk

I am pretty sure others from BCUK have ordered them recently.

S

Skippy

thanks just tried the link and waiting to see if it comes back again.

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Moonraker said:
Wrong time of year, but I was looking for a really traditional recipe for 'Nyponsoppa'(?) which is a traditional Swedish rose hip soup. I have been quite surprised at finding a lot of hips left over from last autumn, although bit dried out :) I want to try it with some other similar fruit.

Any suggestions from Swedish guys etc appreciated ;)

You should eat it with some vanilla ice cream and a kind of small biscuits, that how most people eat it. But we mostly use Ekströms Nyposoppa wich you only need to add water too. Simon if you want some I can send over a package.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE