Swedish Surplus Canvas Wall Tent 8 Man Patrol also 8 Man Mountain Tents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Hello there. Looking at some shelters available at Military Mart UK. Seem to be old Surplus from 70's. One style is the Wall Tent looks pretty conventional. The Mountain Tent looks more like the Lavvu style. I realize alot of Swedish Made gear is high quality stuff. Have asked for a shipping quote to Canada although I may have to source a similar tent from elsewhere. Looking for something that has a stove pipe opening or set up that can be modified for Hot tent set up. Any experience in these tents would be appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: bruno73

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Lots of Canadian wall tents alive and well in guide/outfitter camps across western Canada. Google 'shack tent waskesiu' to find a whole village of them from the old days. 36" - 48" wood pony walls and the tent on top of that.
I recall that Woods is a top name brand with a hot plate in the roof for an Airtite heater stove chimney.

Been 50+ years, 'scuze the rust.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Bushradical has just done a you tube on his wall tent. It sounds brilliant, but it is made in the USA I think.
Its worth a watch to give you ideas on the different ways you can set one of these sort of tents up using an internal frame, aswell as an external one.
Hes lived in these sort of tents for many years, so he gives a lot of info on setting them up to be long lived, and keep it from deteriorating over time.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I have lived for less than 6 summer months, added up, in Wood's Prospector tents. They make a really comfortable all-weather base camp. The other thing, they are white canvas. So in daytime, the tent is quite well lit up inside, not at all gloomy.

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Hello there. Yes the blackout way of Military OD tents that do not want to give their position away look pretty dreary in the day time all blacked out. Need some serious lamps or sunlight patches or something! Imagine the white canvas lets in plenty of light. Thank you.

Reactions: Robson Valley

bruno73

Banned
May 5, 2021
thurso
t
Hello there. Looking at some shelters available at Military Mart UK. Seem to be old Surplus from 70's. One style is the Wall Tent looks pretty conventional. The Mountain Tent looks more like the Lavvu style. I realize alot of Swedish Made gear is high quality stuff. Have asked for a shipping quote to Canada although I may have to source a similar tent from elsewhere. Looking for something that has a stove pipe opening or set up that can be modified for Hot tent set up. Any experience in these tents would be appreciated. Thank you.
townpost.ca is a good way to shop for buddies in Canada

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE