Nuwai Flashlights (TM-303X Titanium) advice please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi,

I’m considering buying the torch below from the Heinnie Haynes website. It seems like a lot of torch for the money. Does anyone know it, or have any comments or alternative recommendations for a small bright torch?

Thanks for reading.

AJB

Nuwai Flashlights - TM-303X Titanium

With the advent of companies such as Nuwai manufacturing pocket sized flashlights with such unbelievable power in a 3 watt LED form the days of carrying large bulky torches are over. The Titanium version of the TM-303X has all the same qualities as it`s black cased cousin, but with an attractive titanium coated body. A clear, blinding 80 lumens are yours and always at hand for any situation. It is supplied with a nylon pouch.

Features:
• 3 Watt Luxeon LED Flashlight with over 100,000 hours usage.
• Flawless white beam.
• Water resistant.
• Belt Clip.
• 1 x CR123A 3V Lithium battery (included).
• Padded belt sheath (included).
• Textured surface for grip.
• Precision Machined
• Polycarbonate Lens
• Spot Beam

Weight: 2.6oz
Size: (L) 94mm
(W) 28mm
Heinnie Price £34.95

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I've either got that one, or a similar model. Great little torch, but mine's not used much as I'm currently carrying a Fenix L0P SE. Mine came from Lighthound, it might be worth a look.

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
i got a black one, it's certainly not 80 lumens, but still very bright.

The CR 123's are a bit expensive, so i run mine on rechargeble RCR 123's. ( RCR's are higher voltage and will reduce the life of the light) Belt sheath is showing some serious wear on mine. (but all belt sheath i use do...)

i prefer mine Fenix L1P over the Nuwai, much cheaper to run ( AA's), nicer beam, looks nicer and beter overall quality.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Thanks guys,

I’ve just had a look at both and they’re both nice, but I’ve got a Maglite Solitaire with a led conversion, an they seem pretty similar. I liked the brightness, look and belt clip of the Newai, what’s the battery life like?

Thanks again for your help.

AJB

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Battery lasts an hour and a half in continuous use and then about the same with less output(in my Newai Q3)
I brought a dozen batteries from E-bay for £8.20 including postage from Hong Kong.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Thanks for that Bob.

I’m unfamiliar with the Q3 and don’t seem to get anywhere with searches, do you have a link to any info?

IGNOR ME I'VE FOUND IT!!!

Cheers

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
AJB said:
Thanks guys,

I’ve just had a look at both and they’re both nice, but I’ve got a Maglite Solitaire with a led conversion, an they seem pretty similar. I liked the brightness, look and belt clip of the Newai, what’s the battery life like?

Thanks again for your help.

AJB

a Maglite Solitaire with a led conversion uses 5mm or 3mm leds. The Nuwai Q3 uses a LuxeonIII and the Fenix L1P a LuxeonI. Which gives very diffrent performence. The Fenix L1P is about as bright as the Q3, because of the better quality Luxeon, beter reflector and lens.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
If I was choosing a torch now I would go for one that takes AA batteries for ease.

I have a nuwaii QIII that I was running with rechargeable CR 123s but they recently died so I need to get some more which is a pain. In the meantime I'm reluctantly using normal CR 123s.

I also have a VB-16 that uses 2 CR123s but I'm reluctant to use it as I can't use the rechargeables with it due to voltage issues.

I gave a C301 torch to my girlfriend to use - it uses 2 x AA batteries and is fairly bright for the price paid (bought from Hong Kong through British Blades), and very robust.
Pyro has one for sale at the moment for £12!

My really bad beam shots that I have on file:

Nuwaii QIII
Nuwaii.jpg

C301
C301.jpg

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi Stew,

Thanks a lot for the info and your trouble.

I just found a Nuwai TM303X on eBay for £16 delivered to the UK from Canada! I couldn’t resist at that price. It makes Heinnie Haynes at £35 look a bit pricy (providing it arrives!) As to the batteries, again eBay, 12 coming from HK for £6.49 (providing…).

Thanks for your trouble anyway.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE