Novice needs info

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Doobs

I'm just getting into this whole 'bushcraft' thing (i have been a regular camper for the last 5 years) and would like to know if anyone has any 'must know' gems of wisdom, and where is a good and secluded spots in the North Yorkshire moors where i can practice my new found religion?

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi...

Maybe a good idea to buy a book on the subject...?! :wink: I think many of us in here would recommend a Ray Mears book or something like it! :biggthump

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Hiya and welcome aboard :)
You'll find loads of little gems of knowledge dotted around the forums.... check out the library section for a selection of recommended books.... anything specific you want to know, just post in the relavant forums and you'll soon get an answer from one of the knowledgable folks on here.

Enjoy
:)
Ed

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
If you have'nt already got it then why don't you buy 'bushcraft' by Raymond Mears. Or, alot of people have reccommended 'bushcraft' by Mors Kochansky, I haven't got it myself yet but it comes with high praise and I will be soon. You can pick them both up from www.Amazon.co.uk for under a tenner each

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Bushcraft by Kotchanski is a wonderful book that I can highly recommend. Get that, practive the skills and you will be doing really well!

D

Doobs

Fantastic. Thanks to everyone for the help, I have never had so much good info so quickly. Cheers all.

Would love to hear about some good locations either near (Yorkshire) or far to experiment at.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE