Nothern Lights and UCO candle lantren Question

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Hi Scots Charles River
Have you tried the string dipped in flammable liquid trick, first wrap the string in a neat line round the bottle, light the string and then slowly rotate the bottle so the flame graduly heats up the glass then touch the hotspot with a cold wet cloth, its very similar to the old method of opening a Port bottle without disturbing the sediment, first you used a very hot circular set of tongs round the neck. then brush the hotspot of the bottle neck with a wet feather.

Last edited:

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Cool, not tried those ones. We used to make the Grolsch glasses then sell them for a fiver to mates. Not actually had a Groslch for a while. It was also trendy to put them at the bottom of the laces on your trainers.....

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Bump this question once again, before I have to buy a whole new lamp.
I have a Northern light 9 hour burn candle lantern, but I have broken the glass chimney and someone told me the company went bust so can anyone tell me if the UCO glass will fit or where I can find a replacement Northern Lights glass?
I just had a look on YouTube the construction of both lamps are very similar and as the canals are the same fit and canal sleeve look very alike I really need to know the diameter the approximate length is the only thing I can measure with any real accuracy on the remains of my one.
A UCO Glass is around about 4-5 quid and outdoorgb has a UCO lantern for 15Quid but I would rather repair first than have to chuck out an otherwise perfect lamp.
any help most welcome.
Cheers.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE