Not sure where to post this but.. Hello everyone!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Monty HD

Feb 11, 2020
London
Hi everyone.

Just been looking at this forum over the last week and it looks right up my street :)

I'm looking to start doing some more outdoors activity and have been obsessed with bushcraft and homesteading videos over the last year or so. Am currently building up some camping supplies and looking to hopefully do one of the moots on here, as well as some of the other activities!

So far, I'm all set for a knife and canteen, as well as some firesteel. Just need to now get an actual tent and sleeping bag! :0

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be posting here and there and will hopefully meet up with some of you soon. If anyone has any recommendations as to what some good starter courses would be for someone who has mainly been watching videos up to this point, it would be appreciated! I particularly like the hunting/foraging aspects as well as cooking, and building a base from scratch.

I look forward to talking to you all and will hopefully be meeting you in the near future.

Thanks,
Anthony

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
Hi everyone.

Just been looking at this forum over the last week and it looks right up my street :)

I'm looking to start doing some more outdoors activity and have been obsessed with bushcraft and homesteading videos over the last year or so. Am currently building up some camping supplies and looking to hopefully do one of the moots on here, as well as some of the other activities!

So far, I'm all set for a knife and canteen, as well as some firesteel. Just need to now get an actual tent and sleeping bag! :0

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be posting here and there and will hopefully meet up with some of you soon. If anyone has any recommendations as to what some good starter courses would be for someone who has mainly been watching videos up to this point, it would be appreciated! I particularly like the hunting/foraging aspects as well as cooking, and building a base from scratch.

I look forward to talking to you all and will hopefully be meeting you in the near future.

Thanks,
Anthony

Welcome, sounds like the start of a fab adventure. My advice is don't rush to buy kit, particularly expensive stuff stuff...get a few bits, a day pack, compass, mora, something to brew on, cheap tarp, then spend as much time outside as you can with a couple of decent books. There is nature everywhere waiting to be discovered.

Reactions: Monty HD and Dogoak

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Welcome to the forum and the start of a great journey!

Like Uncleboob says, don't rush to buy loads of kit and try not to get sucked into the desire to have the latest, flashiest expensive stuff - you can enjoy this pastime at very low cost :)

Reactions: Monty HD and Dogoak

Monty HD

Feb 11, 2020
London
Thanks everyone!

I've mainly been buying cheapish stuff for now. The bush knife I bought was under £20, as was the canteen and fire steel. Hope to have everything together so can go camping sometime next month :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE