Not such a good idea.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
Several cheap oilstones (far too coarse)
Woodland edge firebox.... (weighs a ton, a pig to get going) (swapped for a hammock :) )

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Apple Mac Pro and Apple 30" display.

It was faulty out of the box and a pig to fix. Then after a few months the display failed and was eventually replaced by Apple with a second hand one, however by then the video card had started to play up, a fault which it now turns out was common for all of these cards but only acknowledged by Apple late this year, some four years after the purchase.

This came too late for me, as after a year of irritation I donated the whole set up to a charity, hopefully they got some use out of it.

Last edited:

Oarsnpaddle

Forager
May 24, 2010
Greater Copenhagen
Latest crappiest buy: Courteney Safari boots : http://www.courteneyboot.com/safari_m.php

I bought them on the net.

Not only were the leather so soft that I might as well be wearing a bag with a sole glued to it, but the front of the boot are so low that it's practically impossible to not have your toes get wet in the rain. It also has no heel cap whatsoever, so after a month or so, I was slipping backwards out of the boot, and to add insult to injury the "leather" half (!!) sole inside was glued on a piece of really obnoxious foam that I reacted so strongly to, that wearing the boots for half an hour forced me to not only throw out the socks, but to remove my trousers, as they had "soaked up" the degasssed chemicals.

D

Dr.Gonzo

This one caught my eye, because I bought the same bloody thing.. too small, too heavy, just another piece of useless kit that at the time I thought 'hmmmm, that looks the bo**ocks... oh what a mistake...
Plus, has anyone else hit their funny bone on those stupidly placed metal hooks on either side?!

I got an old WWII Swedish army pack thinking it would be good for a small frame pack. (Logic: Swedes know what they’re doing outdoors, right?) No offense to any Swedish members out there, but it’s a good job you stayed out of the fighting; all your troops would have been doubled up in pain from carrying kit.:11doh:

It also smelt like unwashed rugby kit!

Next I bought a Sabre45, mostly ‘cus everyone raved about them. Did not fit, so now I’ve got two redundant day sacs. (Logic: Must be good, other people say so! Baaa, Baaaa, Ba,Baaaa)

Finally, tried on a Fjallraven Vintage 30, properly adjusted filled with stuff and then walked around the block with it after leaving my watch as collateral.:werd: (Shop assistant thought I was a bit anal, but after the other two I was taking no chances.)

Fell in love with it and now we live happily ever after.......:approve:

Odd that the pack I now cherish is also Swedish, though it says it's made in China?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE