Not so Dum-pouch?! A versatile piece of kit.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up All,

Here is one that may be of interest, not sure if it has featured before.
I have been using an ammo dump pouch for a number of years as a wild-fare foraging and fire starter materials collection bag.
The one pictured is compact, lightweight and pretty sturdy.
It folds up neatly and remains so, held by its own lid flap.
It has Molle style straps and press studs to secure it to a waist/rucksack belt and a shock cord drawstring and spring lock to reduce the pouch mouth when opened out.
It is unobtrusive worn on the belt or takes up minimal room in a sack.
My standard deployment kit always includes 2 litres of h20 (which I always use per day) but last (warm-ish) summer I was putting in extra miles and arriving at camp running on low. As there was no wild water source local to the site it involved a trek to collect some for the return journey. I hit on the idea of extending the employment of the dump pouch when coming across some quite strong plastic bags used in the kitchen by swmbo. Along with a plastic clip-lock I discovered that all three components combined made a sturdy container/carrier for an extra 3 litres h20! I could now collect ‘dirty’ h20 from a spot on the inward route in the dumpouch for treatment later on at the site without compromising my clean water canteens. I have since carried a couple of the plastic bags and clips within the folded dumpouch as standard. Box ticked for another multi-use item.:)
Dumpouch(i).jpgDumpouch(ii).jpgDumpouch(iii).jpgDumpouch(vii).jpgDumpouch(v).jpgDumpouch(viii).jpg

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Well it's better than the condom full of water in a sock method :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE