Not Impressed !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
would not worry. Arguing on the internet never works - you've always got someone else who's been there, an expert on the subject, or believes he/she's right above all else.

I bet you $$$ 9 out of 10 people writing on that thread on the pilot forum are just wannabe pilot's, with no real aviation experience.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I've been reading that thread too.
I think there's far too much slanging going on in the world without somebody flinging mud at others, hence I'll just wait until it all calms down and he feels he can pen the next installment.
Stevie has my admiration for some very brave deeds and I hope he continues his writing.
His experience rates alongside Danzo's tale of his walk back home and could easily make it into print in my opinion.

All the best Steve

Ogri the trog

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
I don't know what to think about this. My overwhelming emotions are being glad that Stevie made it through in one piece, immense awe regarding his story, and hope that he makes a full recovery - both mental and physical - in the knowledge that he performed brilliantly in such an incredibly tough situation.

As a pilot myself, and one who regularly uses pprune, I regularly see the good and bad sides of the site. It can be an amazing useful source of discussion and information (much the same as this one), being both anonymous and international, however sometimes I do feel the anonymity of the site gets extremely abused. People say things they wouldn't in person (something I try to stick to online) and the moderation is often fairly lax.

I'm as angry as anyone else about Stevie being called a chav, and similar comments, however similarly I wasn't overjoyed to have my profession described with comments such as, "wouldn't trust them to be able to tie their own shoelaces without help" and "a bunch of biggles wannabees". I guess they're the price we pay though for having freedom of speech and the internet, and all I can say to Stevie is please don't take offence at any of it, rise above them, and please please keep on writing :)
Yours has to be amongst the most awe-inspiring true stories I've ever read, and I really look forward to hearing the rest of it. Take care of yourself!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
You've got your Zackertys mixed up with your Danzos there - and I bet both of them are laughing if they see this.

Yup,
You're right I did indeed get my Zackerty and Danzo mixed up - I was posting whilst trying to remain level headed.
My deepest apologies to both Danzo and Zackerty, I hope neither takes offence at my innocent mistake.

:eek:

Ogri the trog

D

Deleted dude 7861

Been following this too, a bizzare turn of events. If it's made up I'm glad because nobody died from the events portrayed but a horrible thing to do all the same to say that people had died if untrue.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
D'oh

Would appear the evidence that this was all an elaborate hoax is growing.

Shame, t'was a good tale.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE