Not a Duluth!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Lovely thing.... one small criticism. It would look better with my kit in IMHO.
:D

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
That looks fantastic. I've been itching to try make one myself, but I don't have a sewing machine yet.

May I ask where you got the canvas?

sycamour

Forager
Dec 10, 2012
south east
Wow, thank you all for your kind and encouraging comments, for me its one of the things that makes this forum stand out from the rest.
A few of you had questions, which I,ll try and cover as a whole.
The waterproof canvas was sourced locally from a ship chandlers, but is widely available along with the Cotton webbing, online. I used a good
quality 2"wide belt blank for all the straps 1" & 3/4 "and the strengthening fitting at the top. The canvas itself is quite easy to work with and my little
machine (singer 99k) once fitted with the correct needle, had no problems sewing through 4 thicknesses of material.
The main body of the bag is only made up of 3 separate pieces of material. It did take a while to make because I had nothing more than a few pictures to
base it on. But now I have what i believe, to be the correct proportions and positions of fittings etc I dare say I could make one in a few days.
I am starting a larger one for a cannoeing friend, which will give me more machine practice, and then, who knows?.
I urge anyone thinking of having a go, to go for it! I was inspired by what I have seen created on this forum,and would be chuffed if I inspired someone else to have a go.
Sorry if I have missed any questions, but you are more than welcome to PM me...
ATB Tony.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE