Montivagus

Nomad
Sep 7, 2006
gone
stovie said:
If that is M. procera...then what is this

apologies to Rogers 'shrooms for borrowing his image

M.procera too! Have you looked at the other images there?!! :confused:

I don't look like you but we're both the same species. Thats where studying the details and keys comes in. Going on a photo alone won't help you!

Its like an alien with a photo of a chinaman wandering around Europe saying he can't find any Homo sapians! :D

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Sorry but that looks to me like Agaricus augustus. The Prince a good eater. If it is , it should smell of almonds.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Snufkin said:
Sorry but that looks to me like Agaricus augustus. The Prince a good eater. If it is , it should smell of almonds.

Could well be. Quite rare in UK...at least I've never found one...

One thing I'm sure of, it's not a Macrolepiota; stem is totally wrong.

Problem with posting pics as Montivagus states, and as I know only too well, is that there are so many variables it's almost impossible to state for sure what something is...

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Well, as previous, I thought through all the veiws and mulled over the way I went about this. With some regret.

I think, that what lead me to believe it was a young "saddle", was a memory from last season, ...this particular area was quite wick with them...but, in retro, I suppose that is no guarantee, or is it?

I aint binned this thing, yet , and a dekko this morning shows a slightly changed state. The gills have turned from a fleshy pink skin tone, into a deep choc brown. Theres brown dust all over the paper on which I placed it.

No smell of almonds, still a lovely "mushroomy" smell.

In some ways , I,m non the surer, but a little wiser perhaps.

Oy, and please dont get wound up, people, about what a ploddy fungi is, or isnt.
,taint worthy.

Thanks once again.

Ceeg

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Seagull said:
In some ways , I,m non the surer, but a little wiser perhaps.

Oy, and please dont get wound up, people, about what a ploddy fungi is, or isnt.
,taint worthy.

Thanks once again.

Ceeg

Amen! to that....

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
twas a good exercise this, i like the whats this posts they make you think and let you see what others know and what they think of your diagnosis

more please:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE