Norweigan army sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
As soon as it get´s a bit colder here I will try it again to see if it can take some cold. But I will probably use it with another sleeping bag inside it for norway or sleep in my cold weather parka and pants :rolmao:

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Tvividr said:
:rolmao: I'm gonna use my Ajungilak Tyin Elite and a Jerven Fjellduken - that should do it no matter what the temperature :eek:):

I have heard about the "Jerven Fjellduken" I have heard that all norweigans always carry one and use them all year around?
Just cehecked what they cost and they were not cheap...

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
TheViking said:
It's a tarp. A tarp with insulation. It's 100% wind and waterproof.
I figured it may be a tarp Wiking Duden :wink: ,but i was wondering what it translated as.Oh and i dont reckon there is anything cheap in Norway,well if there is ive not found it or what it is yet. :eek:):

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
Sorry Johan, I didn't mean to highjack your thread and turn it into a Fjellduken thread :roll:

Viking said:
I have heard about the "Jerven Fjellduken" I have heard that all norweigans always carry one and use them all year around?
Just cehecked what they cost and they were not cheap...
A lot of people who travel extensively in the mountains use them. They are also more or less standard issue in the army.
And you are right : They are not cheap !! But they are still a superb piece of equipment. I have only used the standard model up till now, but over New Year I will get the new Multimate model.

CLEM said:
What does Jaerven duk translate too in English,is it Wolverine sheath.
Wolverine tarp.

TheViking said:
It's a tarp. A tarp with insulation. It's 100% wind and waterproof.
It is actually more than just a tarp. It is a mountain rescue bag (all sides have zippers and you can zip it into a bag), a poncho, a tarp shelther, and the insulated models can even be used as a light sleeping bag (one model was designed specially for the army as a substitute to a winter sleeping bag). The insulated lining is detatchable - and the new Multi model can even be converted into a proper two man tunnel tent (with additional accessories).
I will do a review of the Jerven Fjellduken Multimate when I get this new model just over New Year - if there is any interest in that of cause ?

CLEM said:
......Oh and i dont reckon there is anything cheap in Norway,well if there is ive not found it or what it is yet. :eek:):
I can agree with that :eek:):

arctic hobo said:
Friendliness. But that's all :nana:
And I can agree with that too :biggthump

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Gerd, you can hihack my threads anytime.

I have tried the sleeping bag this weekend and this time it was about 4-5 minus and I was warm. We spent the night in a lean to with a longlog fire but it burned it during the night and early in the morning a guy with his new lightweight sleeping bag woke up freezing and was lying and was warmer then I am at home. For 400 SEK (£30) as the sleeping bag cost me I can it´s well spended money.

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
Viking said:
Gerd, you can hihack my threads anytime.

I have tried the sleeping bag this weekend and this time it was about 4-5 minus and I was warm. We spent the night in a lean to with a longlog fire but it burned it during the night and early in the morning a guy with his new lightweight sleeping bag woke up freezing and was lying and was warmer then I am at home. For 400 SEK (£30) as the sleeping bag cost me I can it´s well spended money.
:eek:): Let's just hope that it will be just as good at even lower temps. Eleven more days and I am going to recce for good campsites, :mischief: I will try to find one that will be really cold, then we can test how those brits (or well, at least one of them :wave: ) cope with that :shock: :naughty:
I better run and duck for cover now :tw:

jack29g

Forager
Sep 17, 2004
Leicester
sorry, i'm very late on the scene with this tread but i was wondering whee you got it from. And how much it was. I'm confused, did viking get it off the wesite mentioned just above?? please help, the bag looks amazing, oh yeah by the way how heavy is it i :lol: n kg?

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
jack29g said:
sorry, i'm very late on the scene with this tread but i was wondering whee you got it from. And how much it was. I'm confused, did viking get it off the wesite mentioned just above?? please help, the bag looks amazing, oh yeah by the way how heavy is it i :lol: n kg?

No I got the sleeping bag from a surplus store here in sweden, it´s a very heavy monster. My guess it weighs 3-4 kg. But it have kept me warm in both norway and cold nights here in sweden.

I have found another bag in my surplus shop wich seems to be the same as this one http://www.surplusandadventure.com/ishop/800/shopscr1614.html and it looks really good and I will probably buy one just to see if they are any good.

T

Tore

Viking said:

Probably what we call a m-number

A shield mark is often used on Norwegian Military equipment. Often a number inside the shield indicates year of manufacture. The 89 might indicate that the bag was made in 1989.

Tore

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE