Norwegian Tepee Porsanger 8-10

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Hi all,
I have just bought the above lavvu and the instructions are vague to say the least! I have managed to get it up (!!!) but wondered if anybody had any tips for me. I intend to use it solo when i run D o E expeditions and also with my little un, so need to put it up on my own.

Thanks!

Simon

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
As you're in Lancashire Simon, if you get no joy then bring it to the Middlewood meet at the end of November. I'm sure there will be much interest and maybe experience with this kind of thing and it'll be up in a jiffy.

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Thanks Matt, I'll have a few more goes at it and will definately be using at Middlewood - now that my lad has seen it and his new army issue WVP bivvy bag he is well up for it! See you there.

Simon

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
ref the tepee, Simon.

does it have webbing straps across the floor? forming either a cross, a 3-pointed star, or a triangle?

If it does, then peg this out first to form the appropriate shape - you should then be able to put the pole up inside the tent, and the points you've pegged out will keep it centralised

Then go round and tighten the pegged out points and peg out all the other points and tighten.

Then put the guylines out if you're using them (only needed in windy conditions as the tepee shape is quite stable in it's own right. :)

HTH
Steve

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Does the tipi have a template with it? Its a square of material with a hole in the middle and lines stitched into it. If not you could make one you also need a string with a loop at one end.
What you need to do is stick a peg through the template and put the loop over the peg, then walk around with the other end of the string putting in pegs at the right distance mark/knot/end of rope, and in the right place, the lines on the template. Then hook the loops over the pegs and put in the centre pole and raise your tipi, finally just go round and adjust/tighten everything.

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Thanks guys,
Steve - No it doesn't have webbing straps across the floor, but it does sound similar to what the (very brief) instructions were hinting at! I will give this another go in the garden today when SWMBO is out. THANKS.

Andy - No it doesn't have a template but if I can't get the hang of it I will make a simple one to aid me. THANKS.

Matt - How could you ever forget me?

Regards,

SImon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE