Norwegian Army Jumper

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a Norwegian Army Jumper like this?

87766m2_ts.JPG

My Google Fu is just not cutting it today. All the suppliers I have found so far are out in the colonies.

Surely there must be somewhere I can get one on this side of the pond.
confused07.gif

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
google translate did a pretty good job of the page in english when I looked at it, problem is you will have to plug in every page of the payment process, which may take a while.

Holme

Mar 10, 2010
Sweden
We have a few and I am hoping some of them see this thread.
Whistlin.gif
Well, I am by no means Norwegian, but Swedish, and our respective languages are as close as two languages can be, I guess.

The jumper - "Genser" in Norwegian has previously been used and cost 150 NOK, which I think is about 15 pound (corrected a simple math error).

You have to choose size (storrelse): small (liten), medium or large (stor).

Then:
click the green button "Kjop" which means "Buy".
check the box and click the green button "Gå til kassen" which means "go to the cashier".

Fill in the mandatory fields (marked by an *) and choose a mode of delivery (leveringsmetode)

* Fornavn (First Name)
* Etternavn (Last name - family name)
* Adresse (Adress)
* Sted (City etc)
* Postnummer (Postal number - "Zip code")
* Telefon (Telephone number)
* E-post (E-mail adress)
Land (Country)
Firma (Company (if applicable)
Meld deg på E-post listen ("Join the e-mail list)
Hvordan oppdaget du vår butikk? ("How did You find our shop?)

* Levering: (Terms of delivery - choose between your own choice "Valg" or "Forsvarsbrugt will find the cheapest mean of delivery" - "Forsvarsbrugt finner billigste frakt "
Leveres til "Delivery to" (if other than the order adress)
Adresse
Sted
Postnummer
Land
Firma

"Kommentarer eller spørsmål til bestilling" - (Comments or questions regarding the order)

I hope this will be of help to you.

Last edited:

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
Seems like Holme beat me to it.

But if you should have trouble getting hold of one from Forsvarsbrukt (price isn`t bad if it is in good condition) I could check the local surplus shop and see if they have them for a reasonable price.
Traded one with a friend from the US last year.

These sweathers are getting harder to come by nowadays. Seems like fleece is in fashion these days, even in the army.
Earlier you could buy them in most sporting goods stores.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
That (Waylands first post) was the Jumper woody had on all through our course in 2007. He never complained..mind he's not really going to lol.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
It worked well for me up there too addo , but have you seen those Austrian beasts ?
At least double the weight and thickness !
A great ' plan B ' and by far the warmest jumper I have ever used.
My best.
Chris.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
This is a thicker, better quality jumper than the Norwegian
( that is not a slur on the Norgi, which I also have and love, it is just a fact ! )
I bought mine from Woody on the last BcUK Arctic trip, it may be worth a pm to him, I think he has a source.
Hope this helps.
Chris.

Hmmm... Sounds like it might be worth giving the Austrian one a try first and maybe getting a Norwegian one while out on the course next year then.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Gailainne wears one quite a bit in the colder months, not sure where he got it though, might be worth a PM to him.

I've seen them somewhere online recently but can't think where it was.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I think there was a group buy of the Austrian jumper organised on here a little while back. Could be worth re-visiting for details.Apparently they weigh something like 1200g!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE