Norwegian 20ltr day pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
They have a sectional stiffened back piece and long shoulder straps!
Can't see it being a problem for a larger gentleman, my friend is a larger framed person, i will get him to try it on tomorrow and let you know!

If you look inside the pack you will find two slots, one on each side at the back. These slots are ment for the issued poles for the tent sections we were issued. You could stick some alu tubes or something in these slots to stiffen the back up a bit.
Hope you post pics of the pack with side pockets, thats something I might consider doing my self.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Found some old pic's online the other day of the original poles inside, i wondered what they were for!, thank's for clearing that up for me!
I will have a play with some wooden sticks inside tomorrow whilst out on my weekly bimble with Kepis and Hugo from this parish, it may make it even more comfy!, good tip, thanks again!
I will post up some pic's when side pouches are done.

RM

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Only got mine in July last year from military mart brand new £15.00
Here is my post with pic's
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93630
And a pic loaded and badged!
rucksack_zps9645cd93.jpg

And you are right, bloody strong large comfy pack, can't see me using anything else when we take our tarps, hammock, and cooking gear into the woods each week!

Last edited:

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Was issued one of those also, the nylon version.
It's made by Bergans, so the theres nothing wrong with the quallity. Got one my self.
We learned to hate them in the army, but the problem there was that they were overloaded.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
My larger framed friend said it was very comfy with plenty of notches left on the shoulder straps!!!
Hope this helps!
Quick picture of it in all it's glory, before starting the modifications!

IMAG0043_zps140b7f45.jpg

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
this site often costs me money....
RM like the way you have suspended the pack from tree
i shall mimic that

I use this system for all my packs, some packs have grab handles, some don't, it works on all, and weighs nothing once dry!
Save putting your bag on a wet or muddy floor, and it's at easy access height!
Glad you like!
And it cost you nothing this time on BCUK!

RM

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
tried to like mine maybe I loaded it too much but I realy couldn't get on with the straps and i'm not even a big lad...

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Any idea what the little vertical strap in the middle at the bottom (literally!) is for?

Z

It is a strap just like the side ones, use it for anything, even modern packs have them sometimes but usually two of them, well, the sewn on webbing anyway, just need to make your own straps, very handy you know!

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
As Promised, the first of the modifications!
Front pouch made, but not sure if i like it or not,so have not stiched it to bag yet till i make my mind up!
Please give constructive critasism to make better, or do differently, all comments welcome!
Start with, Some lovely Canvas traded with my good friend Hugo from this parish!

IMAG0056_zps483ed361.jpg

Measure and cut to make one pouch!

IMAG0057_zps8a92c7a5.jpg

IMAG0058_zpse72c9861.jpg

Measure and cut out one lid!

IMAG0060_zpsa4cb60be.jpg

Then stitch!

IMAG0061_zpsba86b47e.jpg

Both together!

IMAG0064_zps9045cec7.jpg

Combines with pack!

IMAG0066_zpsa95f9efd.jpg

IMAG0067_zpsbbeb54b0.jpg

IMAG0068_zps780847d4.jpg

Now just make up my mind if i like it or not!

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Looks good to me batman

If you sew on a flap of doubled or stiffened fabric on the rear of the pouch, ie sewn on at the top and with some velcro or poppers at the bottom of the flap to secure it, you should be able to attach it to that loop on the front of the pack, like wise on the bottom, sew on a loop and attach it to the pack via the leather loop.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE