Norwegian 20ltr day pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Got ya!
I will give that idea some serious though Robin!
Thanks for the input!

RM

Was thinking if you were to sew on or rivet on a horizontal canvas loop, or i have some jute webbing here you can have a bit of, halfway down the front of the pack, then if you did decide to make the pouch removable, it would add some stability to the thing as well - just a thought, let me know if you want a bit of the just webbing though, it's two inch wide stuff

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Or This idea, cotton canvas small pouch? Too many options now!:dunno:
IMAG0071_zpsa906a3bc.jpg

IMAG0070_zpse946f2e6.jpg

IMAG0069_zps3b807878.jpg

Last edited:

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
That was my thinking, trying not to stray away from the uncomplicated pack idea!
At least it still gives me somewhere to put bit's and bob's!
And it's darker as well which stop's it standing out too much!

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Might make two of them, and stick one on each side instead!, just slightly offset from level with the sides!

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I'd make side pouches that will take water bottles and try and incorporate the leather fastenings that are already there.

Looking good, my bag will be here tomorrow. :)

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
I'd make side pouches that will take water bottles and try and incorporate the leather fastenings that are already there.

Problem with pouches that big, they look out of prapertion for the pack! Wide as it is long!, it just ain't right!!
Looking forward to seing how are bags vary when you have played around with yours!
You gotta get it done before Wednesday/Thursday though!!

RM

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
It is a strap just like the side ones, use it for anything, even modern packs have them sometimes but usually two of them, well, the sewn on webbing anyway, just need to make your own straps, very handy you know!

Mmm... I'm not convinced. I have always found with surplus gear that every detail is there for a reason. Even if it is just for hanging your issue biscuit pouch or whatever. I have succumbed to the call of the canvas, so I will have a play when it gets here.

I like the little pouch and I like the idea of making it removable. Doing it that way means you would still be able to use the loop on the back for an axe or shovel. Might have to steal that one!

Z

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
I must make it my mission to find out the bottom strap for sure!
I think these bags are gonna end up a fundamental part of BCUK!:)
Let us know what you change, if you do!

RM

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
Any idea what the little vertical strap in the middle at the bottom (literally!) is for?

Z

It is for your coat (feltkappe).
The ruck is an old assault pack (stridssekk). Usually it contained the mess kit, extra ammo, two tent poles, 3 tent pegs, 5 meter rope, a little food and your sweater.
The diamond shaped tent "half" was rolled together and fastened over the pack.
When the field coat was issued (before my time) it was fastened on the bottom of the pack.

Stridsekk.JPG

Stridssekk2.JPG

The tent half is not rolled to standard, but will do as an illustration.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE