North York Moors Campsite Recommendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
Off to do some walking in the North York Moors in a couple of weeks so I'm looking for camp site recommendations please. Just needs to have clean (and reasonably modern for HWTHMBO) showers and toilets. Not bothered about being able to light fires and definitely don't need electric hook up or an on-site disco.

PM me if there's places to avoid if you'd rather not mention it here.

Thanks.

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
Thanks for the recommendation, we had a very pleasant few days there.

If anyone's looking for a site to get someone to try camping for the first time this would be a good place to go. There's a family field with children's playground and a quieter field where there's just adults. Hot showers (with underfloor heating :wow1:) and very clean toilets. Strictly no fires (BBQs ok if off the ground).

It's a bit pricey though - but then I'm comparing it with Scout campsites where you don't have the same facilities.

Plenty of good walking from the site.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I have just got back from Beacon Farm, Sneaton. (Caravan and camping club site)

It's a bit of a walk from the field to the toilet and shower block, there were some drunken geordies keeping everyone awake all night over the bank holiday, (aren't there always?) but the view down to Whitby and out to sea cannot be equalled. Walk a bit further and round the corner is the Wilson Arms pub.

You can light fires so long as you keep them off ground.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE